1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Also New Here

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by shallowdays, Oct 19, 2014.

1. shallowdays

shallowdays New Member

I am going to begin making a list of things that may be signs. I did have a great group session with a medium and have scheduled a private session for this weekend. She said that she had a lot more to tell me but had to move on (this was through voices through the veil).

The thing that stands out most clearly to me as a sign is a song that popped into my head suddenly one afternoon. I started singing it and came to a line that made me start to cry because it was very apropos to my relationship. It was a song we both liked years ago. At the time it stopped me in the tracks. The next day I was at lunch with my mom and the song came on except it was a very odd cover version that I didn't even recognize at first. Of course, I am always worried that I am forcing things to be signs that aren't. Such is the life of a skeptic. I do ask for a sign big enough for even me to believe. I am hoping, and asking, and waiting.

Thank you for your kind words. You give me hope.

2. shallowdays

shallowdays New Member

This is exactly how I feel. I may intellectually understand that concept that time is an illusion, but I don't think it's anything I can escape from in this life. I feel bound by the physics of this universe as we understand them.

(Though I wish I was like Kurt Vonnegut's Billy Pilgrim who became "unstuck" in time.) As you say, the hope is in believing that this someday ends and we are freed from the constraints of this universe.

3. normy

normy Active Member

Hello shallowdays. I was also a sceptic up to the time when I began searching for evidence of survival of physical death about thirty years ago. There is hope if you keep searching, and this hope does not in my opinion conflict with the physics of the Universe. (Or Universes).

My own evidence which finally convinced me not to be a scientific sceptic included over 70 messages from mental mediums, after I challenged "spirit people" to demonstrate they were really there. ( And they did, in different ways). I was still not completely convinced, but seemed to be very drawn towards investigating physical mediumship, which was said to produce objective evidence and suited my scientific background. This eventually led to my full acceptance of the work of many scientists with physical mediums, indicating survival in past times , and many experiences of my own with physical mediums which concurred with those described by investigators.

It's a good idea that you make lists of signs or any other evidence you come a cross, or keep a diary. My diaries were invaluable when I wrote some self-published books about my experiences. Nothing was lost due to my rather poor memory! I hope you can find hope, based on real personal evidence, whatever that is for you. I don't think that scientific proof is possible, bit personal conviction by experience is.

4. Highlander

Highlander Established Member

I don't mean to speak for Waller, but I think maybe some of what he's saying isn't being given its full due. For example, when he says "shift realities" he's not saying "beam me up, Scotty"; he's saying change your perception or search for greater understanding. As we all know, some words or concepts have multiple meanings and interpretations.
    Shallow philosophical perceptions are the result of excessive literal thinking, imo.

5. Waller

Waller Banned

Conceptually, you are spot on, Highlander. The mechanism is truly, actually a shifting of reality which, btw, we are performing billions of times per millisecond automatically. This infinitely rapid shifting is how we experience time, change, space and other related earthly/physical aspects which we are unable to experience in the nonphysical world where our True Self resides. Where timelessness exists.

This process of experience is The Why we are in this physical plane. As a facet of the Source-Creator who is Everything That Exists, we perform the dual service of experiencing for the Creator which, of course, is the same as experiencing for ourselves. Think of the magnitude of the process of experiencing billions of similar Earth lives, lives as other "alien" creatures, all the lives, all the experiences That Exist. Neat deal, huh? :D

Yes, this idea of The Why we are on Earth [and elsewhere] is simple. With simple rules, a few absolutes.

Thinking with the physical, limited mind about things that it cannot process is counterproductive, tiring, it is often the cause of breakdowns in health, mental and physical. Give it up. Let your Higher Mind pull the load. That's what it was created to do. Let it.

When you do, everything simplifies and then you have only one thing to do.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014