1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Also new here....maybe came in like a bull in a china shop

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Bgsantander, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Bgsantander

Bgsantander New Member

Hi All

I posted something earlier that was really specific and that was probably not the best approach. Hi. I have been a medium since childhood but I am now learning how to work my gift. I am just looking for a community that doesn't judge or think I am nuts. Lol. Although the more I work more craft and get more accurate, the less I get the crazy face. Lol. Welcome all comments from all belief systems. Love and cosmic Ache for all

Kurt likes this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

welcome to ALF :) I can't guarantee you won't be judged but it will be based on the strength of your contributions if you are judged. You definitely won't be thought nuts because of your gift though!

Active mediums are rare on ALF and 'insider' input is welcomed. Please tell us something about what your own mediumship involves, what mediumship means to you.

The nature and character of mediumship has been discussed here on ALF and past threads may be found using the search box. Here is one: http://afterlifeforums.com/threads/mediums-and-psychics-what-you-should-know.2968/

This is another interesting conversation: http://afterlifeforums.com/threads/psychic-reading-and-mediumship.2867/

Kurt likes this.
  3. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Welcome! It's nice to meet you and you are a great addition to the community.

4. Bgsantander

Bgsantander New Member

Wow. I am actually surprised that true mediumship is rare on this forum.

I guess I can only describe what I do and experience on a regular basis to describe what I live. I work daily to connect with my spirit guides, my "head spirits", my Christian beliefs and I write EVERYTHING down. I was under the impression this was a forum for people with psychic/mediumship abilities and people seeking FREE advice when and IF it presented itself. If it is really more about expressing grief and discussing the afterlife, I completely understand that but perhaps it's not what I was personally looking for. I am not opposed to staying involved if its appropriate but I was looking for advice and support from other mediums.

5. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm sorry to say you're in the wrong place for the above. (highlighted text)

6. mac

mac Staff Member

You haven't been a member long enough to understand what happens here.

This might be seen as psychic awareness/sensitivity.

That's quite an achievement.

I help with administration of this forum-based website and would be very interested to understand why you thought as you did. Have you read something somewhere about ALF that led you to that impression?

Incidentally ALF's 'mission statement', displayed prominently before registering an account, is: "Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death."

Grief after bereavement is part of the story linked to the aspect of survival and also what comes before and after coroporeal death. ( I have already shown (above) ALF's mission statement.) Beyond that discussions may range far and wide depending on whether they engage member interest, never guaranteed.

We hope you do stay and time will tell if you find it appropriate. Sadly we are unable to offer advice and support from other mediums as we don't presently have any active members who are mediums.

7. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Well we hope you find something of interest for you here. If not, good luck elsewhere.

8. Bgsantander

Bgsantander New Member

9. Bgsantander

Bgsantander New Member

Thanks Mac. I wish you and all others on the board the best and many blessings.

10. mac

mac Staff Member

Blessings on you, too, and best of luck if you're leaving us.