1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

"ALIVE AGAIN" TV Series

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by janef, Oct 11, 2014.

1. janef

janef Moderator

Producer Mark Shepard is looking for people who have had verifiable Near Death Experiences for his upcoming TV series, "ALIVE AGAIN"

He showed his pilot to us at the "International Assoc. of Near Death Studies" (IANDS) meeting last nite in Saratoga, Ca. He said, ironically he is having difficulty finding people who have had verifiable NDE'S who want to tell their story on camera. He needs 13 episodes. If anyone has had one or knows of someone interested in telling their story, please contact him.

Producer Mark Shepard 408-691-1479
    http://aliveagaintv.com/about/

2. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Pretty cool. I feel that Out of Body experiences should be included as well.. virtually the same thing :) Thanks Janef

3. Sounds like this will be great. Like PB said it would be good to have OBE's included as well. All these types of experiences whether it is obe, ste or nde makes one aware of a greater reality, which is such an awesome thing.

4. janef

janef Moderator

I agree with both of you and many voiced that opinion to him last nite. He said the reason is, the "deaths" must be documented by a doctor/hospital records... to insure the story is authentic. Otherwise anyone can say anything... he cant even use NDE accounts where a person was not pronounced "dead". One lady in the group had drowned in Mexico and was resusitated on the beach, so her story cannot be used.

I believe it is a requirement by the TV executives when claiming it is a TRUE STORY.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  5. dopier

dopier Member

Having read the first two of Robert Monroe's books and a couple of others, I feel that out of body should even get more attention. I don't know what arguments skeptics have brought forward to debunk OBE. I would imagine first theory would probably be that's it's just dream. Although I suspect they would need more when it comes to OBE's that are verifiable, as in visits to places and people that can be verified. Although I don't subscribe to the idea of convincing folks but since I'm sure many would want to be proven right, I think Out of Body Experiences bring an additional element to the afterlife discussion that shouldn't be discarded. There are some outrageous accounts out there!

6. Yeah I think that was a requirement for the Beyond and Back series too. I was thinking, one reason some obe's aren't taken as seriously as they should, is the experiments they have done when they try to get people out of body to identify an object in a certain place(in a high or hard to see place) while having an obe. And most people haven't been able to tell them what the object was when they are out of body, so the experimenters think it isn't real. But it is my understanding when you start to enter the other realms this one becomes more "fuzzy." Carol and Mikey put it better when they were explaining it. Perhaps when one is out of body one has already entered the next dimension and things won't be quite the same as they are here, and that is why those experiments don't work.

7. janef

janef Moderator

You are absolutely right. My OBE was identical to a woman who drowned and had an NDE.

8. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Hey.. I love the responses. It got me thinking. I just would like to say that this is my personal opinion from what I've experienced.

You can't prove things of a spiritual nature utilizing human, scientific methods. Humans are flawed, therefor their methods are flawed. Hiding an object and seeing if one can find it out of their body is not going to work. The Astral realm is not in this dimension. It is on a higher vibration level than earth. You can see a shark swimming right in the middle of your living room during an OBE. Objects that should be there will more than likely not be there. Its complicated to explain. Sure I've floated around my room and kitchen and everything looked normal but that is a rarity. The Astral realm is spiritually and emotionally based.. not physical. It is in the astral state where we can communicate a lot easier with our guides and the deceased because the vibrational level is higher and it is nearly neck and neck with the afterlife.

There really is no way to tell if someone is lying about their experiences because some people's experiences (whether it be an NDE or OBE), truly are real to them even if it was just a simple dream. Needless to say a lie detector will not work in this case. This brings me to my next point. Dreams come from having an OBE. An OBE is just a technical term that is used when one realizes that they are exiting and entering their bodies. We all exit and re-enter our bodies every night (or day depending on your sleep schedule). Ever dreamed you were falling? More than likely that was your astral body entering back into your physical body and it manifested in a form of a dream. Ever had sleep paralysis? It is because your physical brain realized that your astral body was still outside of your physical body before you wake up. People talk about feeling hands touching them during paralysis or seeing a "dark entity"... that's just your astral body trying to get back inside your physical body. When we sleep, we enter the astral realm. Some people remember.. some people don't. Some people can catch themselves levitating out .. most people can't. Even if some people can't remember their dreams they still dream. I guess I got off track lol.. My point is this cannot really be proven scientifically. I think the abundance of research and similar stories that people share, coupled with the fact that I have read articles of people describing exactly what I have seen during an astral visit and NDE is enough proof for me. The intense emotions that come with having an astral visit/OBE is not a lie at all. We can't all be making this up. Some do I guess... but I don't think that is the case for most people.

Also I would like to say that people who experience a NDE do not cross over into the afterlife. They crossed over into the astral realm just like we do when we sleep. If people who experience a NDE crossed over into the afterlife, they would not be alive to tell about it. That is why we have Mediums. The astral realm is more like a transitional place into the afterlife. I still admire Mark. I still think its cool. I'm not sure how he's going to get proof and I think OBE's are the way to go.

9. When I had an obe I was sitting/walking during it. I was in a trance state at first from writing something. Don't remember what it was I wrote but I know it was spiritual, just flowing through me. Maybe it was automatic writing. I never looked down at my body because I was still partially in it. I felt like I was floating. Just the most euphoric feeling in the world. I thought if I can feel this way the rest of my life then everything will be great. But I didn't realize walking was stopping my obe from progressing(or so I believe). When it ended I was so distraught. Once you feel that feeling you never forget it and it is hard to put into words. I haven't had a (conscious) experience like it since, except maybe a little after I meditated and energy was flowing through my body. It is nothing you can prove through scientific means, but it is a feeling like no other. I didn't even go anywhere, but the feeling I had, the euphoria, was not of this world. It is good to know people who understand this.:)

10. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I remember you sharing this and the visitation dream with your mother :) Good ol days. I cried when I first had my astral dream. Woken up by a freakin alarm clock.

11. That sucks. I hate alarm clocks :p

12. janef

janef Moderator

There are so many kinds of experiences, and OBE/STE's can be just as powerful or more so than an NDE. Actually, the first episode in the series is about a pregnant woman who's condition becomes an emergency as her kidneys are shutting down. To summarize, she stops breathing and "dies" on the operating table. She is dead for 14 min. but her experience was very limited, being in a beautiful garden, feeling love and peace, not wanting to come back. Then"God" told her she must, and poof... she was back in her body, opened her eyes and breathing. I thought it was a little dissapointing she didn't have more of an experience. I had more with an OBE.

13. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I hear that.

14. dopier

dopier Member

Yes, janef, although there have been nde's which go so beyond such regulars as to defy logic, this particular one is of the types that perhaps provided skeptics/scientists to claim it's the process of dying brains. Obviously there's so much out there that it's laughable for anyone to waste their breath pleading with skeptics who are not ready to plunge into the fray and investigate. This is not simply for those who WANT to believe. Far too many have put their necks out, including those on the other side. It's only a matter of folks not ready, not willing and in some cases not able and/or wanting to think for themselves and do the research.

15. janef

janef Moderator

"I survived Beyond and Back" LMN Ch. 109 on Dish 8pm Pacific (Friday)
    A man dies and goes to Hell...
    A young girl falls from her horse and goes to Heaven...
    A man meet Moses after a heart attack

btw.....This is not the "Alive Again" series which has not aired yet

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  16. I used to watch "I Survived Beyond and Back" when we had satellite. We don't have cable or satellite anymore but I can catch bits of it on youtube. It used to be the TV websites used to let you watch whole programs for free from their sites but hardly any do that anymore.

17. janef

janef Moderator

I guess it's been on for a few years.. just never noticed it before last week. The story of the man who experienced Hell was interesting, because we are told there is no hell. So, I'm not so sure, It changed his life after he had a confrontation with "God"

18. Hopefully it was a mind-created Hell and not real. I remember 2 Hell stories from that show: One was a man who lost his arm and ended up in a hellish place, he was on the wrong track in life. Another was a man who was shot outside a restaurant(I think) in Atlanta and he ended up disabled. Both had large changes in their life from the experience.

19. janef

janef Moderator

Yes, it was the man who lost his arm...and was drowning in the pond. It could have been what he needed to turn his life around.

20. Waller

Waller Banned

Yin-yang, North-South, left-right, all concepts that are paradoxical and polar. Heaven-Hell, another set of concepts, not real places, but ideas where you can align yourself in the middle and see both sides. The two-sided coin, one side cannot exist without the other.