1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Afterlife: Solid Or Spirit -- Shaped Like Human Or Sphere of Light?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Jack, Jul 18, 2018.

1. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Thanks, Mac. That makes so much sense, and thank-you for the big and bold letters! It makes the reading so much easier!:);)

2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

my pleasure :) Now you're back again regularly I hope other members will try to use bigger, bold text to help you read it.

3. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

:);) I wore the eye patch for a while, but the big print is a lot easier. And when I take the patch off the light shocks my eye!

4. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

I don't assume that it will be like an NDE. But I do assume, at this point, that the beginning of the dying process may be like it, since NDEs are the closest I've found to hard evidence, so far, so they are most of what I have to go on. LBL therapy, which in many cases seem to have yielded a decent degree of consistency also seem to corroborate the start of the dying process as similar to an NDE. That is, first a person passes and finds him/herself either on the physical plane, or on darkness. At some point, if there is a certain state of peace, comforting figures may appear and guide the person towards a light, or being of light, at which point they have a life review.
    NDEs usually stop at that point.

5. Convolution

I believe what you see as a sniping was a moderated comment which was in direct response to a prior comment from Mac, which he had deleted when moderating. The comment seems to be invisible, and I deleted it. I try to be cordial and fair, but I am not perfect. If someone pushes me, I am often, though not always, guilty of pushing back. I believe that respect is mutual. In that regard I don't need a warning- so long as I'm treated with respect, respect will be given back, for sure.

6. Convolution

What level of consistency, if any, do you find among all accounts of the departed?
    What is the most common departing experience, in your knowledge?

7. mac

Considerable in response to the first question and I don't know to the second but neither is my speciality.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 12:34 AM
  8. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

It's wonderful! If you will email me through robertagrimes.com and identify yourself, I will send you a PDF of The Fun of Dying."

9. RobertaGrimes

NDEs have nothing whatsoever to do with a normal death, although occasionally they can result in death. If you are trying to use them as evidence of "the beginning of the dying process," and if that is most of what you have to go on, then you have nothing to go on. Start over.

10. RobertaGrimes

Natural deaths are planned, and they are stunningly consistent across cultures and over nearly 200 years of afterlife communications. I have written about this extensively elsewhere - you might go to robertagrimes.com and search my blog, since there are some posts on this topic there.

11. RobertaGrimes

Need it or not, I have given you a warning. I trust that you will now avoid discussing science and you will otherwise try harder to respect others here, especially our wonderful Mac.

12. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I have that book Roberta, but it has been so long since I've read it that maybe I should go brush up on it and remind myself of joy in leaving this earth!:)

13. Convolution

How do you know they have nothing to do?
    Do you have any proof or evidence of some kind you could share?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 3:13 AM
  14. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Do you have proof that there is no proof? Show me your links and articles proving otherwise. It’s so easy for someone to disprove something, yet the very same people wanting proof has no proof of their own.

kim marine likes this.
  15. Convolution

The burden of proof is always on those making the claims for something. One can't often prove something that is potentially imaginary is indeed imaginary any more than one could prove a flying pink elephant doesn't exist. By that view, everything is possible, all is true, and nothing is true all at once.

I also don't understand the defensiveness.
    A bold claim was made, I am wondering whether there is evidence or proof of it. I think that is reasonable, after bold claims, there's no need to be defensive. We are all in our learning journey, as am I.

If we are speaking of hypotheticals, opinions, or ideas, then no proof/evidence is needed, of course, but that didn't seem to be the case. I hope we are at least allowed to ask someone for information/sources, etc, after a claim of knowledge.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 4:04 AM
    bluebird likes this.
  16. RobertaGrimes

When you read the testimony of hundreds who have died natural deaths, you find that they are all amazingly similar in terms of process and there is nothing religious about them at all (except that very occasionally for reasons I don't have the time to explore now, one of the deathbed visitors will seem to be a religious figure). And no religion is practiced in the afterlife. There is never a tunnel that ends with a light.

You say you have read a lot of NDE accounts, and I have as well. As you know, they are all over the map and highly individual, and many are religious to some degree. Many include the tunnel-and-light rescue device. What is more, those that we used to think were dead tell us that death is always a one-way trip, and no one who has returned has ever made it to where the dead are.

17. Convolution

Where can I read these testimonies? Is that part of the information you are sending me? In addition, what determines the credibility of the testimony? (It sounds a bit different from a recent book I've read by a medium. That one sounded more consistent with NDEs)

18. RobertaGrimes

Most of the recent literature is polluted now by NDE materials. Everything I read initially was received before 1940 because I was worried that more recent stuff would be people trying to make a buck. It was only when I was forced to do it by my guides that I even would do A Course in Miracles, since it came in the sixties. But the old stuff is all entirely consistent - I never found an outlier.

kim marine likes this.
  19. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

I spent a week in my spirit body, while connected to a respirator in an ICU. Speaking from experience, my spirit body looked like me, felt solid and had substance. No doubt, I felt much lighter than with the physical body, but my spirit body was clearly defined and solid, not ghostly or wispy

poeticblue and Convolution like this.
  20. mac

interesting - How did it feel at the time knowing you were living more in your etheric body than in your physical body - natural, comfortable?