1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Afterlife: Solid Or Spirit -- Shaped Like Human Or Sphere of Light?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Jack, Jul 18, 2018.

1. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

This comment is on reply #3 from above, and I love it Roberta!:) I live in LSD, otherwise known as Lower Slower Delaware. I may say that same thing to someone, but when I do they think I'm nuts.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Kurt likes this.
  2. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I agreed on that as well.

3. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

There is a verse somewhere in the Bible that says our life is like vapor and another mentions we are as shadows. I'd think this would make Bible following Christians to take another look at reality or at least spark some curiosity of why we seem to be experiencing a solid existence.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    Kurt likes this.
  4. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

If you can find the verse may you please share it?

5. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

The one about the vapor is in James 4:14. I'll have to look for the other.

Kurt likes this.
  6. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'll be on the lookout for the second verse. Let me know when you find it.

7. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Any emphasis below is mine.
    This is not the verse I had in mind Kurt, but it is one that makes me wonder why we aren't seeing reality as it was created; especially Christians who believe "God" can do the impossible: Colossians 2:17 "These are a shadow of things to come; reality, however, is found in Christ."
    Since I am quoting from the Bible there are some verses in Job that probe thought if one is willing to think: Job 1:9-12 "Does Job fear God for nothing?" Satan replied. "Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face."
    The Lord said to Satan, "Very well, then, everything he has is in your hands, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.*"

I believe the hedge mentioned above is figurative speech symbolizing the invisible frequencies of consciousness the were created for us to live in as we evolve. The rooms in heaven that Jesus said he would prepare for us "men and women"*. After all, there is no male or female - Galatians 3:28. The Highest Power knew what He could create with His breath, but it would be a dull experience if everyone thought and acted alike, so the one Power divided and became two; male and female.

Job 12:7-10 says we should listen more closely to nature: "But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.

Kurt likes this.
  8. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

True. Maybe it is the veil that separates us.

9. Donovan

Donovan Member

I have to agree with you guys, nothing is really solid and everything is in motion.
    Countless particles pass through every inch of our bodies undetected every second.
    And I have a secret to share, each one of those particles, no matter how tiny or insignificant, is imbued with a modicum of creative force.
    Imagine what it takes to make a human, so many things coming together so well, no wonder they say the human body is like a universe.
    Who is this master architect capable of creating so much complexity, beauty and life?
    Is it a he or a she?
    Is it old or young?
    Is it perfect in every way?
    Does God ever get angry?
    Imagine a pissed off God.
    Somehow that idea doesn't work for me.
    God doesn't have to get pissed off.
    The rules are the rules.
    God is the rules.
    Break the rules and things go badly.
    Parts that don't encourage harmony don't make progress, unless that progress is to learn what harmony is not.
    What a grand system.
    I'm glad i'm not a toad.
    What a short slimey life eating flies.

Kurt and kim marine like this.
  10. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Hmmm..... .......

Kurt likes this.
  11. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I really like this Donovan!

Kurt likes this.
  12. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

What if in your previous life you were one of the flies being eaten? The toad is a more advanced life-form than an insect and beyond that toad will be something more advanced than it.

Kurt likes this.
  13. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

What if the fly has advanced far enough and it is his turn to be a toad?

And the toad is predestined to eat it?

What if he isn't and gets eaten as a tadpole?

14. Donovan

Donovan Member

15. pandora97

pandora97 Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm missing something but I fail to see what toads, or for that matter flies have to do with the subject of this thread...….:confused:

Kurt likes this.
  16. Donovan

Donovan Member

me neither
    what are those silly guys going on about

17. mac

Those, quote, "silly guys" were picking up on your own odd remark:

"What a grand system.
    I'm glad i'm not a toad.
    What a short slimey life eating flies."

and running further with it.

But think on, if you would, when calling others "silly" that people who live in glass houses should not throw stones....

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    pandora97 and Kurt like this.
  18. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Silly???

You started it.

And there is actual knowledge in what is up.

19. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Agreed. And another great saying. You are better than Gordon Ramsey.

20. mac

Better than Gordon Ramsey? Oh, dear - damned with faint praise. :(