1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Afterlife: Solid Or Spirit -- Shaped Like Human Or Sphere of Light?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Jack, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Jack

Jack Member

Hi Roberta, I read quite a bit about the afterlife and as you can guess I've read the gamut of opinions of what our spirits are like. I've read from numerous individuals who say our spirits are every bit as solid as our human bodies. I don't know if they're trying to give us hope or make us feel good or whatnot, but then I read NDE's where the person says "I had no shape to my spirit. I was just consciousness" and then everything in between.

Then there are these orbs of light which have become really popular in photographs of late. Supposedly they are spirits. Then there are people who say or write, "My spirit had the shape of a body but it was like a ghost, no substance."

So what's your opinion of people who say the spirit is every bit as real as the corporeal body and what's your own opinion of what our spirits are like?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

If an afterlife does exist, why couldn't a soul appear in any number of ways, including a human body shape, or a mist, or a glowing being, or whatever? Different appearances for different purposes, perhaps.

ravensgate and Widdershins3 like this.
  3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Great question, Jack! Actually, in the dimensions of reality to which they are attuned, our post-death bodies are every bit as real as are our physical bodies here. They simply vibrate at a higher rate, as does everything else there. When your body dies and you are joining the loved ones who have come for you in raising your spiritual vibration, the physical room in which you died - and everyone in it - seems to grow vague and vapory around you, and then the higher-vibration reality that you are entering at death manifests and solidifies around you. In reality, NOTHING is solid. EVERYTHING is energy!

So both bodies are equally solid in their own realities, but in fact our post-death bodies seem to be of a purer, finer stuff - no need for atomic particles - which in some lights appears to be a bit transparent. Think of alabaster, perhaps. Just as solid, but without the dull opacity of the matter on this level of reality.

And orbs are the way that higher-level beings kind of float around in this level of reality. No need for bodies!

lybg, kim, Nirvana and 4 others like this.
  4. Monika

Monika Well-Known Member

Human. Cause why not? :)

5. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I'm guessing this is tongue-in-cheek..... ;) :D