1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Afterlife: Solid Or Spirit -- Shaped Like Human Or Sphere of Light?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Jack, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Jack

Jack Member

Hi Roberta, I read quite a bit about the afterlife and as you can guess I've read the gamut of opinions of what our spirits are like. I've read from numerous individuals who say our spirits are every bit as solid as our human bodies. I don't know if they're trying to give us hope or make us feel good or whatnot, but then I read NDE's where the person says "I had no shape to my spirit. I was just consciousness" and then everything in between.

Then there are these orbs of light which have become really popular in photographs of late. Supposedly they are spirits. Then there are people who say or write, "My spirit had the shape of a body but it was like a ghost, no substance."

So what's your opinion of people who say the spirit is every bit as real as the corporeal body and what's your own opinion of what our spirits are like?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

If an afterlife does exist, why couldn't a soul appear in any number of ways, including a human body shape, or a mist, or a glowing being, or whatever? Different appearances for different purposes, perhaps.

ravensgate and Widdershins3 like this.
  3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Great question, Jack! Actually, in the dimensions of reality to which they are attuned, our post-death bodies are every bit as real as are our physical bodies here. They simply vibrate at a higher rate, as does everything else there. When your body dies and you are joining the loved ones who have come for you in raising your spiritual vibration, the physical room in which you died - and everyone in it - seems to grow vague and vapory around you, and then the higher-vibration reality that you are entering at death manifests and solidifies around you. In reality, NOTHING is solid. EVERYTHING is energy!

So both bodies are equally solid in their own realities, but in fact our post-death bodies seem to be of a purer, finer stuff - no need for atomic particles - which in some lights appears to be a bit transparent. Think of alabaster, perhaps. Just as solid, but without the dull opacity of the matter on this level of reality.

And orbs are the way that higher-level beings kind of float around in this level of reality. No need for bodies!

4. Monika

Monika Active Member

Human. Cause why not? :)

5. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I'm guessing this is tongue-in-cheek..... ;) :D

6. RobertaGrimes

Actually, tongue only partly in cheek. They are vibrating much higher than we do, which means (or so we are told) that even if they took on bodies, unless they worked at lowering their vibrations by a lot we wouldn't see them. So when they visit this level without lowering their vibrations, indeed we can't see them; but, oddly, iPhone cameras can spot them as orbs. We still don't entirely understand why it works this way.

kim marine likes this.
  7. mac

quite ;):)

8. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

Jack, I can only tell you what I've seen/experienced. Shortly after my brother in law died, he appeared to me as formless "presence" or a cloud-like entity yet totally invisible. He then began to expand or "grow" in size and eventually became bigger than his house! I saw nothing yet mentally perceived him. His voice was not audible yet I "heard" him. I'd think I was crazy but my then psychic wife was also in touch with him and we both saw and experienced the same things re: our brother in law as a Disincarnate. He appeared to be a mental or "spiritual" being/essence and had the very same personality that he had while in this physical plane. Much can be learned about the Afterlife or Heaven at this place: http://afterlifeforums.com/threads/writing-to-children-in-heaven-afterlife.2281/#post-44897 IMO, Disincarnates can appear anyway they wish and in any "form" they wish whereas us Incarnates are pretty limited to how and what we can do/be in the Incarnate plane. I've had several "contacts" with Disincarnates but have seen no "bodies" or "forms" - just mental/emotional impressions/feelings about them. My late wife often came to visit me as: butterflies, birds, various objects but mostly in dreams as a very real, physical, solid person in the dream. This is as much as I can say for now about what Disincarnates are like or what they do.
    jim

9. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

I just had a fascinating (and unexpected) conversation last Thursday in a painting class with the woman who sits across from me. I've known her for a year or so, but never realized what a deep interest she has in survival of the soul. Turns out she saw her father soon after he died, standing beside her mother's chair looking down fondly at his wife. She said it was kind of like seeing an underexposed photo of him, "but sparkly." When she gasped and told her mother, "Dad's here!" her mother stood up and walked right into the apparition. My friend said it kind of melted into more sparkles and got more faint, then was gone.

When I've seen people who've "died" in the past, they appeared completely solid and real before vanishing. So my working theory is that the discarnate's ability to manifest here and our own unique individual psy ability to see them both determine what we perceive. And perhaps both those variables also change with the circumstances. Hence the whole range of sightings, from real-appearing figures to misty ghosts to orbs, are all the same thing, just seen in various forms, as Roberta said.

My friend just loaned me a book called "Apparitions" by Peter Manseau that's about Victorian spirit photography. Some were frauds, of course, but I've always suspected that some were real images of departed relatives who showed up in their loved ones' photos. I look forward to reading it this week.

Nirvana likes this.
  10. Jack

Jack Member

Thanks much for your feedback, Roberta and to others who I will address later. Roberta, so you say they are every bit as real as ours but in their own realities. Would that mean that two spirits on the same vibrational level can feel each other? Can they touch? Can one person feel the touch of another via spiritual nerve networks that are similar to physical ones?

11. RobertaGrimes

Those on precisely the same vibratory level apparently are able to interact easily in the afterlife levels, just as you can interact with everyone who is on this material level. The problem is when beings are in what we would think of as the same spot, but they are at different vibratory levels! As it is when your deceased loved ones look in on you and you can't perceive them, in the afterlife levels everything happens in the same place but unless beings are at or very near the same vibratory level they have trouble perceiving and interacting with one another. Think of your Channel 7 newsman and your Channel 5 newsman trying to touch while live and on-air! They are in precisely the same place - your television set - but they are on two different vibratory levels. They are in fact nowhere NEAR one another. Fortunately, those on higher levels of reality can lower their personal vibrations, to the point where even a very advanced being who wants to be perceived by someone on earth is able to make that happen.

12. Jack

Jack Member

Thanks much for your response, Roberta. Not meaning to flog this question but let me get more specific: if a spirit closed his eyes could another spirit touch him and he'd be able to feel he was being touched without seeing he was being touched? Could he "feel" it in the same manner we as human's could if our sense of touch were stimulated assuming they were on the exact same vibratory level?

13. mac

We're told - by those who live there - that in the so-called afterlife everything feels solid and real.

Individuals there can feel the touch, enjoy the embrace, of another. Quite whether that's exactly in the same manner we humans feel another's touch is moot but it must surely be equivalent. It's equivalent to the degree that some spirit individuals draw close enough even for human individuals to feel their touch on occasion.

Our unseen family and friends are not wispy or transparent as with ghosts if that's what you have in your mind's eye. ;)

SashaS likes this.
  14. RobertaGrimes

I can add nothing to Mac's great answer, so in a word: Yes.

15. Jack

Jack Member

Okay, thanks much Mac and Roberta.

Either, can you post some links or references where I might further read about this nature of the spirit far as the quality of the spiritual body is concerned. Thank you. :)

16. RobertaGrimes

I don't know that there are studies. Nearly all my earliest information comes from reading century-old communications from the dead, and actually this was one of the last details of which I was sure because few living relatives 100 years ago seem to have asked about it. Then I found one who did ask, and the irate newly-dead person said she was "as solid as you are!" Much later, of course, modern communicators like Mikey Morgan have told us these truths in great detail.

Nirvana likes this.
  17. Jack

Jack Member

Thanks for the lead on Mikey, Roberta. I dug up the old thread of Carol and Mikey. Too bad she decided to discontinue it. Very interesting reading.

18. mac

There's a 'Resources' tab at the top of the page with a link to the thread.

19. Rassie

Rassie Member

One bright spring afternoon, I watched an orb slowly move through my bedroom. It was bright, perfect in shape, and moved in a start line. I can confirm that it was in no way a reflection of anything.

Months later I was at a group reading. The medium stated that my mother asked it I had seen her. I had a visualization years ago, full body apparition, and thought this was what she was referring to. It was only after I left that I realized Mom was the orb.

20. RobertaGrimes

Yes, people at a reasonable level of development can indeed appear on earth as solid, or as nearly solid. And of course in the afterlife it appears that we are pretty much solid all the time until we become fairly advanced beings.

Nirvana and Kurt like this.