1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Afterlife Connections that are selfguided and free of charge

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Bella, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Types With Fingers

Types With Fingers Active Member

Haha, great. I'm gonna try the persevere route first, that seems the safer bet :)

2. Highlander

Highlander Active Member

TWF, I agree with janef. With a positive outlook like yours you can't miss. I think you're further on your journey than you realize.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

And were this website analogous to the quicksand in your example, you might have cause for concern... As far as the rest of your story goes - and it is pretty damned tragic - I still don't see a quicksand analogue. :D

4. Types With Fingers

What? No! My real-world life is the quicksand, Afterlife Forums is the sky! Yikes!

5. mac

mac Staff Member

It's all down to perspective and mine's different from yours evidently.

6. Types With Fingers

Haha, yes, I'd have to say so.

7. My "experience" was more like a daydream. What was amazing is how significant it was. I knew that there was something special about it, and it's something that I never forgot. I've had a handful of these in my life, sometimes during dreams, sometimes during meditations. I can visualize my "Room" and the beings in it anytime. It's a very soothing place. I could write pages and pages describing it in detail (I won't as it would be boring to most people). It seems to be a place where i take a break from this life and rejoin my spiritual companions. Very similar to what you reported in your hoped-for experience.

To answer your question, I've been meditating for over 30 years, 2-3 times a day for the past 7 years. But I rarely ever do self-hypnosis, so it was odd that the few times I did self-hypnosis these experiences happened.

Here's a little detail tidbit: The table in my room looks more like a Las Vegas gaming table. It has a rim with gems that are red and green, looks like a craps table. When looking at the table past the rim, it looks like clouds, acts like a portal to this illusory world (simulation in my worldview).

8. Types With Fingers

Oooh, interesting! Once again, though, I see meditation get involved in spiritual development. Curse my penchant for sleep, how do I grow if I'm not aware of it?! :)

9. To help keep you from falling asleep try experimenting with different postures. You can even try kneeling. And if that doesn't work then just go with the flow and sleep. You'll benefit on the sub/super conscious level. And if that doesn't seem to work for you try some other introspective quiet time activity.

10. janef

janef Moderator

Yes, very interesting that the sub-conscious retains everything, so you will know it on a deeper level even if you don;t realize it. Meditation and hypnosis are much the same, being the main difference is having a goal in mind during self hypnosis. Easier to stay awake also when speaking to your higher self or your spirit guide, or visualizing something you want to change. I find it much easier to go into trance using a self hypnosis method.