1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Afterlife and Catholicism

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Sixthsense, May 8, 2017.

1. Sixthsense

Sixthsense New Member

Catholics believe that after death there is either heaven, hell or purgatory. Does this reconcile with the experiences of mediums and people studying the afterlife?

2. mac

mac regular contributor Staff Member

no

ShingingLight1967 likes this.
  3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Heh - our beloved Mac is a man of few words!

I would answer your question in a bit more detail:

Nothing that Catholics believe about death or the afterlife has any evidence for it whatsoever.

4. mac

mac regular contributor Staff Member

Thank you adding to my simplest of answers, Roberta. ;) My approach now is that less is more. :D

5. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

I was raised Roman Catholic, but longed from early childhood for a place exactly like what the Spiritualists call "the Summerland." The priests and nuns taught about a heaven that was completely meaningless and unattractive to me, so I began taking long solitary walks at a very young age to the nearby woods and to the beautiful upscale neighborhoods in my hometown. It had the same feel there that my paradise had: really wonderful big old trees, deep grass starred with flowers and beds full of every kind of blooming shrub you can imagine. The peace there was palpable, unlike in the poor neighborhood where we lived. So I rejected the Church's teachings about heaven very early on.