1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Action, intent, and faith.

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by CuriousYeti, Aug 16, 2020.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

Forgiveness and unconditional love are aspirational and achievable, beneficial to those who display those attributes and to those who receive their blessings.

Both can be faked but what would that actually mean?

2. UnseekingSeeker

UnseekingSeeker New Member

Forgiveness is by a doer doing the act of forgiving

Love enablement is a consciousness shift, a becoming

3. mac

mac Staff Member

Both are aspirational and neither is guaranteed....

Some time ago I was regularly lectured by two friends who I loved dearly - past tense you note - about unconditional love. The implication was that they shared it between themselves and I thought they felt it towards me and towards others.

It made me acutely aware of my own failure in that regard but I allowed them their constant references to its importance and its acquisition because I loved them and I believed what they were telling me. But eighteen months later I and my former friends were no longer friends, the couple had divorced acrimoniously and all the stuff they'd espoused appeared just so many words.

But the devastation of their lives and my relationship with them did teach me a valuable lesson. Those who talk about it may not always be doing it, whatever 'it' may be. I learned from them just as I have learned other things from other persons.

And I know exactly what forgiveness is. ;)

4. CuriousYeti

CuriousYeti New Member

That's where I try to get to - not being phased in the first place. I do okay, and progress...