1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Action, intent, and faith.

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by CuriousYeti, Aug 16, 2020.

1. CuriousYeti

CuriousYeti New Member

So far since joining Afterlife Forums and reading a couple of Roberta's books, and Mikey's book, I learned that down here, we focus on action, and intent, with love as the goal.

I've learned ours is the most challenging dimension.

My point here, how much of this challenge is dependant on the fact that humanity has no solid proof of anything other than Earth?

How well-behaved humans would be if whatever truth there is was well-known? Afterlife reviews of our lives? A focus on spiritual progress? One love? It'd sure be easy here if everyone knew whatever the real truth is.

Personally, some of the biggest changes I made in my life were made powerful from my faith. Faith in a positive outcome, but mainly, faith it was supposed to be.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

We each have our personal path to tread. For some that will be a more challenging path than for others. There can be no scientific proof of survival and life beyond but there is abundant evidence from numerous sources that it is the case - not proof but evidence that some/many find totally persuasive. But not for everyone.

We don't know how we humans would behave if we knew for sure the way things actually are but those who do know enjoy a reassurance that others may not do. How much that changes them or the way they behave is variable I expect. :)

CuriousYeti likes this.
  3. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

I would be much happier if I knew with absolute certainty that an afterlife exists, in which I will be reunited with my husband (and later with my other loved ones). To me, this life is well beyond "challenging" without that proof, it is torturous, not worth living. I wouldn't live my life any differently, though, in terms of my actions -- I already do my best to be a good person, simply because that is what I believe is right, so that is what I choose. I don't have any faith, so it doesn't come from that, nor from any fear about what a "god" might think of what I do, or of an afterlife review, etc.

CuriousYeti and baob like this.
  4. CuriousYeti

CuriousYeti New Member

The more I think about what I've learned on the scientific side, and combining their reasoning with the notion there's an Afterlife, it seems Afterlife is the simplest answer. I came here today to share a thought in general discussion about this very subject. I think you'll like it.

5. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

I certainly hope you're right. As of yet, I've not seen proof of it (which doesn't mean there is no afterlife, of course, only that I don't know if there is, as I've not seen sufficient proof, and I don't have faith).

6. CuriousYeti

CuriousYeti New Member

I just shared another post in General Discussion, I'm no expert, or anything. New to the site, but check it out!

7. CuriousYeti

CuriousYeti New Member

It became a few hour project, while sitting on our beach vacationing. Awesome!

8. UnseekingSeeker

UnseekingSeeker New Member

Whilst sooner or later we recognise love as the only real and all pervading God vibration, in the here & now we recognise that the mere thought of love is not love. We gradually be to become an aspect of love, ascending through beauteous octaves, transitioning from bubbling joy to spontaneous empathy, the childlike embrace, all encompassing compassion and purity of being, non-judging, non discriminatory, ceaselessly outpouring an elixirous fragrance.

As for after life (why not before life?), if we are not the transient mind body, which is evident, yet here we are, contained in a vessel of limitation, merging of this identity with our own divinity within, actually reveals the truth ... or at least as glimpse. We can only affirm resolutely when we experience ourselves, replacing vicarious knowledge with directly imbibed wisdom.

All paths may be summed up as surrender. Surrender of this (mind body) to That (God), present within. Faith requires that we surrender, so does meditation, so does selfless service (as a non doer, a conduit), or tantra (the energy path) or what Buddhists call cessation in vibrant emptiness.

baob likes this.
  9. CuriousYeti

CuriousYeti New Member

Wow, excellent summary, to help me focus on the true path, eh? :)

I still need to encompass this during my days while driving through downtown traffic most of the day, kicking tourists out of my loading zones, protecting myself from the insane homeless issue here, but more importantly, protecting myself from the minority covid disbelievers who go out of their way to prove themselves to themselves in it.. LOL! I don't always have a decent perspective. Really, I dislike most people.

Years ago I found there had to be a balance for me between the spirituality 'stuff' and being around other people during the day. The more open I left myself to love, openness, etc, the more I left myself open to the random attacks of random toxic people during my days.

I have tried to express love and forgiveness with the toxics, but in my experience, to do that during the situation, it only prolongs it. I end it quickly using my human nature, then when they are gone, I go into forgive and forget mode. At least I try to.

10. UnseekingSeeker

UnseekingSeeker New Member

Forgiveness is a great mental activity aiding self healing. We feel hurt owing to belied expectation. To sublimate negative thoughts spiralling about causing anxiety, we get into forgiveness mode.

Ho-oponopono is a tried and tested forgiveness prayer.

Ultimately, in my view we must transcend the need to forgive by not feeling the hurt in the first place. We recognise that each acts as of his or her consciousness knowing no better at this time. So we simply smile and move on, leaving our prayers & blessings with the one who has ‘injured’ us.

Put another way, forgiveness is an activity of the mind and unconditional love an attribute of the glowing heart.