1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

A very off dream.

Discussion in 'Dreams and Dreaming' started by Auras, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Auras

Auras New Member

I had a dream last night that my Nan was rushed to hospital and sadly passed away.

In reality she is getting to that age now ( she’s in her 80’s) where it could happen at anytime. Is it wrong of me to assume the worst? Is it wrong of me to start preparing for the worst to happen? I feel because I’ve been thinking about this stuff it maybe triggered this dream.

2. poeticblue

poeticblue member

It’s completely normal to have these types of subconscious dreams (or fear dreams) especially since on a conscious level you are preparing for the event to happen.

It could be your fears manifesting which is my first guess. I wouldn’t go far as to say you are having premonitions but that is always a possibility.

My advice is to live life to the fullest with your loved ones as if your days and nights will be it’s last. If your Nan does pass soon, rest assure that she will be in good hands when she transitions.

I liken death to falling asleep and having a blissful dream. The only difference is, you won’t wake up from that dream :)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    Auras likes this.
  3. mac

mac Staff Member

Nothing you think will bring about her death, Josh, so rest easy. And, no, it's not wrong to think the worst may happen because one day we all will be making that journey. In my view it's logical to try to be as prepared as you can without becoming morbid and having it bring you down.

It's understandable you'll dream about matters that are on your mind. (Or even those you may think are not - I've had many surprising ones about subjects I didn't expect). Once an idea gets registered in your thoughts/emotions there's no knowing if, when or where it might pop up in such a dream - well that's my own experience of the situation. Others' mileages may vary....

Auras likes this.