1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

A song/sign from my mum?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by vikixc, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Hi,
    I'm new and I need a place to share this without being told I am crazy.

About a week after my mums funeral; on the 25th April 2019. I woke up and had the first line of a song stuck in my head it was from the movie Free Willie: Will you be There by Micheal Jackson. I haven't watched this movie since I was around 5 years old, I'm not even a fan of Micheal Jackson, there is literally no reason why this song would be in my head.
    I went onto Google and read the lyrics and the last 4 lines hit me in the gut:

"Through My Joy And My Sorrow
    In The Promise Of Another Tomorrow
    I'll Never Let You Part
    For You're Always In My Heart."

I just cant shake the feeling this is a message from my mum because I wanted her to give me a sign.
    Does this sound like a sign to you guys?

Thanks in advance.

Viki.

jobun and Kurt like this.
  2. Also another thing. I have a Peace Lily on top of my fridge which hasn't flowered for as long as I have had it, then suddenly 2 days after my mum passed it had one single flower.

jobun, Bill Z, Monika and 1 other person like this.
  3. mac

mac Staff Member

yes! :) welcome to ALF - you can share here without any need for concern.

4. Thank you :)

5. baob

baob New Member

Welcome, Viki! It is good to hear you got the sign.

6. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Both of these events were probably genuine signs. Please thank your mother aloud, Vicki, and ask her to please send more!!

7. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Thats very touching.

jobun likes this.
  8. Flossie

Flossie New Member

That does sound like a sign from your mum Vicki. My mum died in 2014 and I had a lot of signs which were songs. I still get them occasionally now. In the beginning most of the signs were through songs.
    A month or so after mum passed I was sat in the car alone when a song came on the radio. It was Rod Stewart singing Where the ocean meets the sky I'll be waiting. As I listened to the words I couldn't stop crying and felt it was mum saying that when my time comes she will be waiting. However, once I got home and was doing dinner and all I needed to do I was still walking about with tears running down my face. I had no control and couldn't understand why I couldn't get a control on my emotions and the song wouldn't leave me. It went on for hours. Then suddenly a thought popped into my head. This song was not for me - it was for my dad. It was like a switch clicked and I stopped crying. I also remembered I had made some bookmarks a while ago and there was one which was cream with a blue heart drawn on. I had called it 'Healing Blue' and it was written above the blue heart. I decided to write the words of the chorus of the song on it.

'The rhythm of my heart is beating like a drum and the words I love you rolling off my tongue, so never will I roam cause I know my place is home and where the ocean meets the sky I'll be waiting.'

Those words were so apt between mum and dad. They had been married for over 61 years. Mum and dad told each other they loved each other every day. Mum often spoke of 'home' as being on the other side. And she wanted to reassure my dad she would be waiting.

So I took the finished bookmark to dad's and told him what had happened and that mum had impressed me to put the words on the bookmark. It was only when I realised what I had to do that I could stop crying. Dad was so touched and treasured the bookmark. He kept it in a bible he was given as a child and it was always by the side of his bed. He often referred to it and asked me to tell him the story again. It gave him so much comfort.

I now have it in dad's bible beside my bed as he passed just 19 months after mum.

It's not the only song I have had from mum with a story.

So treasure those signs!

Ruby, jobun, Cassie and 3 others like this.
  9. Cassie

Cassie New Member

I'm interested to read that you received the Michael Jackson song as a message from your Mum, it is lovely and I've had several similar experiences. My Dad passed over in 2006. I waited until my family were away to go to a spiritualist church - not that they are against my beliefs, but I didn't feel I wanted to have to discuss it. My Dad was a spiritualist and I knew if anyone would contact me after death it would be him! I was totally convinced I would have a message from him that day. The medium said "is anyone doing their family tree?" - I knew that was me and something Dad would use as a link as he began my interest in family history. Before I could speak though, the medium was told her time was up! I walked out of the church in floods of tears. I turned the engine on in my car but couldn't drive as I was so upset. Then I became aware of the song playing on the radio - You Are Not Alone by Michael Jackson. The words could not be more appropriate and since then I've had many messages from my Dad in the form of this and other songs. I've noticed it is always the first song I hear for example if I walk into a room or turn on the TV, and very often there are a set of three songs, one after the other.

You are not alone
    I am here with you
    Though you're far away
    I am here to stay
    But you are not alone
    I am here with you
    Though we're far apart
    You're always in my heart
    But you are not alone

jobun and Flossie like this.
  10. jobun

jobun New Member

Viki, Flossie, Cassie, those were signs from your loved ones. Me & Mrs Jones is a song that I always associate to my dad. it was one of his favorites and there is a funny family history that goes with that song. So whenever I chance to hear it on the radio, I know it's him saying hello. He wasn't the mushy, sentimental type but that song always makes me smile and remember him. (even though the song is about cheating spouses, it's also about love, it's not so much the words as it is the song itself, KWIM?)