1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

A Question.

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Hazada Guess, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Hazada Guess

Hazada Guess New Member

There is one thing that is puzzling me and hopefully,someone will put me out of my mizery!lol.
    I was wondering if anybody could explain to me why,that when you get knocked out,(Its happened to me a few times),You don't have any proof of another dimension,just blackness.

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Hazada Guess, what is "knocked out" is only your brain, not your eternal mind. While we are in bodies, we accept extremely limited access by our physical brains to our vast, eternal minds, and that includes limited brain-access by our bodies to what our minds actually are doing. The most obvious example of this is sleep. Your eternal mind never sleeps, and it is up to a lot while your body is sleeping, but you don't remember any of that either, do you?

3. Hazada Guess

Hazada Guess New Member

I get what you're saying just give my brain a while to process it.lol.Hold on,its just processed.\\thanks for the reply,I am truly a believer just pardon me posting the odd question as I have just come to terms with the afterlife.

4. RobertaGrimes

Post away, dear friend! My own core fear as recently as 15 years ago was a lost of awareness. I think that's what you are worrying about here, too. But those that we used to think were dead who are now at the highest levels of reality tell us that we will never lose our awareness in the greater reality that is our eternal home! They say it only happens here, when our physical bodies block that awareness briefly.

Luna and mac like this.
  5. mac

mac Staff Member

What a lovely way to express matters. :)

6. Hazada Guess

Hazada Guess New Member

Thankyou Roberta and Mac for all your help.

Kurt likes this.
  7. poeticblue

poeticblue member

I’ve hardly ever had your issue if I’m understanding your post correctly. I experience the exact opposite effect. When I’m asleep, I’m more aware of things. Friends whom I haven’t seen in months or years, are with me in my dreams and we talk and ‘hang out’ like we normally did in our waking life. People who I currently congregate with now, the same exact thing happens.

Every now and then, I’ll have someone tell me that they’ve dreamt of me and the dream was so real that when they woken up they couldn’t believe that they were even asleep. The feeling was mutual especially when it came to my daughter and a couple of close friends of mines.

Rarely have I ever blacked out during sleep. At times I envy those who do not remember their astral travels. Last night for example, I hardly felt like I got any sleep at all. I was in full REM state of consciousness and this happens to me a lot. I was dreaming about a lot of my friends that I hardly keep in contact with anymore, as well as white tigers that followed me around a jungle gym that I was playing on with random children. It was a very beautiful experience for me yet I knew that I was asleep and it wouldn’t last long.

It was a very lovely dream/travel, yet at the same time it saddened me when I woke up. Earth life just isn’t the same as being in the astral or afterlife. Yet, much beauty has come about being here on earth’s plane. Through the suffering I found compassion. Through the resentment I’ve somewhat learned forgiveness. Where there lies ugliness in the world, there still remains beauty. If spiritual charts do exist (which I’m pretty sure they do), we have to stick things out till the very end. Stay the course and stay the path.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    ChrisGreece, SashaS and mac like this.
  8. RobertaGrimes

Thank you, dear Mac!

Kurt likes this.
  9. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

True. If so professional fighters would not only render preachers obsolete after a few bouts, but I could envision churches where people purposefully knocnl one another out... :D

10. Shaman Traveler

Shaman Traveler New Member

Hazada Guess it can be good to think of the brain as a device that affects your consciousness. For example when a person gets knocked out the device cannot express consciousness through it. If for example a person has a disease that affects the level of consciousness then its never consciousness itself that is lowered but the device we call our brain that cannot express consciousness properly. A device needs to work properly to... work properly. A solar eclipse can be used as a comparison. The sun is still there but hidden from sight. In the same way if you get knocked out consciousness is still there but blocked out from expressing itself "like the sun blocked out from shining".

Kurt likes this.