1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

A message through song?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Theokasius, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Theokasius

Theokasius New Member

This sounds strange but it is starting to confuse me. I have noticed whenever I'm sad, people sing Build Me Up Buttercup. I really like the song. I forgot the name but I just woke up singing it one day and remembered the name.

Me and my partner have been having problems and I have been very down. Whenever I am, people sing the song even though the song was no played prior. Even people who don't know I like the song.

The strangest one today was when part of me was wondering if I should break up with my boyfriend. He started singing (again song has not been played prior). He just kept singing the line "and mess me around, I need you, more than anyone baby".

Might not been anything but it was a song my grandmother liked and after dreaming/waking up singing it to people singing it when I'm sad, just strange.

Any thoughts you have I will greatful for.

Ski and Widdershins3 like this.
  2. Slate-writer

Slate-writer New Member

we often get inspiration from songs. it's the words that help. waking up with a song is great sign that someone is looking over you at the moment :)
    I bet you will get others songs come to mind as well. it's one way that our lost loved ones try to help us.
    happens to me a lot too.

3. jells

jells New Member

I can't tell you how many times I've woke up in the morning with a particular song running through my head, with just the right words, that just happens to be a perfect fit to problems I might be having. Even songs that I would never think about. It's eerie! And once they're between my ears they might be stuck there for a day or two!

Widdershins3 and Slate-writer like this.
  4. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I have had similar occurrences. If there is an afterlife, I think it's possible that my husband is arranging for me to hear those songs when I need them, or somehow sending them to me.

Maybe something similar is happening to some of you. Or maybe it's a matter of your subconscious noticing songs that apply to your situation; I think that happens to me sometimes as well.

Widdershins3 and ravensgate like this.
  5. Slate-writer

Slate-writer New Member

That's exactly how it happens to me Jells - they usually stay with me until I've got the message (then I can't even remember the song any more) - but there's always a point to every song - even if it's just a hello or a funny line to make me smile :)

6. Slate-writer

Slate-writer New Member

Hi Bluebird,
    there's no doubt that the afterlife exists - and those we love try to get through to us with songs. It's simple telepathy, between them and us - and it works!
    I've had some really obscure tunes at times, that I needed to ask older people what they are - but every time, there's a message in the lyrics.
    It shows that they know what we're going through and try to help us in a simple way :)

Widdershins3 likes this.
  7. bluebird

For me there is doubt, but I hope you're right. :)

8. Monika

Monika Active Member

Hej. I want to ask if someone has some similar experience. At the moment when police officers came to our home and said for me that my husband died in the accident i had strange experience. This moment i just felt on my knees in confussion and sudden pain in all body. I was asking them what for sick joke is that what are they talking about what is going on and a lot of other questions what my brain could make up. But at very same moment there came a song in my head. It sounded like choir is singing "oh happy day...". This song was so loud all the way to hospital. All time when i was there waiting when i can see my love. All time so loud and strong. It made me angry, i tried to shut it off but i could not. It was driving me crazy because i could not understand why such a song?? How can such a song come to head at such moment? Now i think that maybe it was some kind of message... i also must say that i never listened to this song and could not remember if i heared it before, only after some time i checked what for song was that. And this song does egsist.

Widdershins3 likes this.
  9. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

I lost the Love of My Life in 2009 and since then I've had a particular song "A Thousand Years" show up in multiple public places for periods of time, then it stops happening. Time goes by and when I find myself thinking of him more than usual, the cycle begins again. The song will play in the car on the radio, in stores, in restaurants as I walk in and in elevators. During one cycle, a woman sitting behind me on the bus had her phone volume way up and 'bud-casted' it so loudly that I could hear every word! He and I hadn't seen each other in many, many years when he died and neither the song nor the movie it was in (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn--Part 1) had any connection to us, but it's an intensely romantic song.

At first, I put it down to coincidence, then to synchronicity and then by the 3rd or 4th cycle, I began to wonder if perhaps it was a real connection to him. But I still don't know whether it's at his instigation or whether I trigger it when something reminds me of him...?

Monika likes this.
  10. bluebird

If by "trigger it" you mean that somehow you thinking of him makes the song come on, couldn't that still be something he's doing?

11. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

I hadn't thought of it that way, bluebird. Thank you...I'll think about that.

12. bluebird

;)

13. Cassie

Cassie New Member

I've had communication through songs, mostly from my father. Here is an example (long story I'm afraid) - I had reason to be worried about a spiritual teacher my sister was connected with. I'll not use her real name but will call her Kate. I didn't know how to find help with this and mentally asked my Dad. A couple of days later I went to a garden centre and the first thing I saw in the shop was a cut glass crystal bowl made by Royal Brierley. My father had connections to this company and gave me a great deal of this crystal. I was surprised to see it in the garden centre, it is far more expensive than goods they stock, and they haven't stocked it before - or since. Immediately after this I went out to look at the plants and the first one I saw was a Hebe named "Silver Dollar". My Dad used to sing in clubs, and Silver Dollar was one of his songs. The next Hebe I looked at, which was next to Silver Dollar, was called "Sweet Kate". This surely had to be a message from my Dad telling me not to worry about Kate, which indeed has proved to be right. I've noticed that messages like this are always the first thing I see or hear, for example when turning on the radio or TV, and in this case the first three things I saw in the garden centre. Also that they tend to come in sets of three.

Widdershins3, Bill Z and Monika like this.
  14. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

I am happy for you Cassie. We are so very connected with those who have transitioned. Sometimes, at least in my case, my grief lowers my vibration so that I am not always a good receiver but the veil is thin and I believe our guides and transitioned loved ones, including pets, are here to help us until we meet again.

pandora97, Cassie and Monika like this.
  15. Fisher

Fisher New Member

I'm a little late to this thread, but I would fully agree that songs are being used as communication. For me, the message is within the song title and the tiles withing a playlist. I cannot for my life figure out how this works. The stuff that comes up is wild.
    I've posted a message about my experience with this years ago, but I can't seem to find it, as all my posts here are gone.

Anyway, this seems be be orchestrated from my friend who passed away years ago ( boy time marches on). We both are into ' electronic ' music and after a VERY interesting 2 weeks of slap you in the face " coincidences " I received a pretty incredible answer.
    The previous night (Jan 29th, 2015), I was lying in bed thing, about all the strange things that had been happening and I said out loud, " is this real, or just simply coincidences ". I fell asleep feeling stupid for even asking the question.

The next morning, I woke up, went to the lab and started my Google Play electronic station like normal.
    I sat there staring at the screen... Here is what I saw.

The first song that fired up was titled ' There Are No Coincidences '.
    The next ' Forgive Me '.
    The next ' Colours ' <- you should look up the lyrics by Emma Hewitt
    The next ' Perfect Day '
    The next ' Surreal '
    The next ' Deep Down
    The next ' Always A Fool '
    The next ' Sunset Boulevard '
    The next ' Not Enough Time '
    The next ' Nearly Home '
    The next ' Around You '
    The next ' Goodbye '

Yeah I took a screen shot. You can see I've listen to ' On and Good Day ' 81 times... But for the most part all the others were new listings. So cool.

[​IMG]

Now don't get me wrong. This doesn't happen EVERY day. It's been 3+ years since this first experience, but it does continue to the present day.
    Always within the electronic genres and usually still within this existing ' radio station ' playlist.

It's kinda fun when you give in to it.

I wonder if any of you have had this experience?

16. Cassie

Cassie New Member

I wonder if any of you have had this experience?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this Fisher. I've looked up some of the song lyrics and they are really amazing. I've had similar experiences with the play list in my car. It's three songs one after the other that I associate with my Dad.

I'm just reminded of something that happened a few years ago, after my Dad died. I had a dream, well I think a visitation as it was extremely clear, in which my Dad was singing in German to a large hall full of people. In the dream I knew we were in Germany - and by the way, in life my father had no connection to Germany apart from being in the army there during the war, and he didn't speak German. The people were in lines, like queues. My Dad was wearing a brown pin striped 1940's style suit. As I awoke I could still hear the song, which was Ich Liebe Dich. At that time I had no idea what this meant. I knew if I went back to sleep I'd probably forget this song title, and so got up to Google it. Of course it means "I love you". I found the song on You Tube, and recognised it to be the same one my father was singing in the dream. I went back to bed, and falling asleep immediately had a dream in which I was in my parents lounge. This time my Dad was in an extremely smart black suit and he and my mother were dressed up ready to go out somewhere. I went up to him and said "Ich Liebe Dich - I love you!". He laughed and replied "Ah ... Ich Liebe Dich" - in a way that meant "you got the message!" Here are the lyrics:

I love you
    I love you, as you love me,
    in the evening and in the morning,
    there wasn’t any day,
    that you and me didn’t share our worries.
    They became also common to you and me,
    lighter to bear.
    You comforted me in my suffering,
    I cried in your sorrows, in your sorrows;
    Therefore may God’s blessings come upon you,
    you joy of my life,
    may God protect you, keep you for me,
    protect and keep us both, keep,
    keep us both, keep us both.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    Fisher likes this.
  17. This is how my husband and I communicated when he was on earth. He left me a catalog of over 100 songs that detail his own feelings for me ,, not just our favorites I can see all of his emotions in these. and it is still going on strong very very strong in that dept . For me it is Cinnamon Girl ( Type O negatives version ) Duran Duran's Ordinary World and Train's Drops of Jupiter . They are constantly on my you tube list even though I have been trying to avoid them .

Cassie likes this.
  18. Ski

Ski

Well, you can get songs from the living...and those who have passed over. The song is in your energy/auric field, and subconsciously people are picking up on it, when you are down. Isn't that neat? It started off as your relatives fav song, so you remember that, and use it when you are down...and so it's a coping mechanism, which means under certain lower vibrations, the song is in your energy field.

I know you are going through a hard time, so many hugs to you.

GoldDustWoman622 likes this.
  19. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

As a musician, I've noticed that most songs contain significant messages/teachings that can bypass our troublesome, argumentative, doubting and fearful conscious, intellectual mind and go straight into our hearts - if the heart is open. Our latest and most cherished song is: "Like I'm gonna lose you" by Megan Trainor which contains many powerful and touching messages about loving someone like I can or will lose them. This song can bring us to tears as it helps us remember how easily a loved one can be lost in an instant so we follow all the teachings in that song to stay in love and NEVER let go of each other. Teaching songs are my favorite!

Bill Z likes this.