1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

A message through song?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Theokasius, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Theokasius

Theokasius New Member

This sounds strange but it is starting to confuse me. I have noticed whenever I'm sad, people sing Build Me Up Buttercup. I really like the song. I forgot the name but I just woke up singing it one day and remembered the name.

Me and my partner have been having problems and I have been very down. Whenever I am, people sing the song even though the song was no played prior. Even people who don't know I like the song.

The strangest one today was when part of me was wondering if I should break up with my boyfriend. He started singing (again song has not been played prior). He just kept singing the line "and mess me around, I need you, more than anyone baby".

Might not been anything but it was a song my grandmother liked and after dreaming/waking up singing it to people singing it when I'm sad, just strange.

Any thoughts you have I will greatful for.

Ski and Widdershins3 like this.
  2. Slate-writer

Slate-writer New Member

we often get inspiration from songs. it's the words that help. waking up with a song is great sign that someone is looking over you at the moment :)
    I bet you will get others songs come to mind as well. it's one way that our lost loved ones try to help us.
    happens to me a lot too.

3. jells

jells New Member

I can't tell you how many times I've woke up in the morning with a particular song running through my head, with just the right words, that just happens to be a perfect fit to problems I might be having. Even songs that I would never think about. It's eerie! And once they're between my ears they might be stuck there for a day or two!

Widdershins3 and Slate-writer like this.
  4. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I have had similar occurrences. If there is an afterlife, I think it's possible that my husband is arranging for me to hear those songs when I need them, or somehow sending them to me.

Maybe something similar is happening to some of you. Or maybe it's a matter of your subconscious noticing songs that apply to your situation; I think that happens to me sometimes as well.

Widdershins3 and ravensgate like this.
  5. Slate-writer

Slate-writer New Member

That's exactly how it happens to me Jells - they usually stay with me until I've got the message (then I can't even remember the song any more) - but there's always a point to every song - even if it's just a hello or a funny line to make me smile :)