1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

a grieving counselor

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by Kristi DiFilippo, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Kristi DiFilippo

Kristi DiFilippo New Member

My Dad died suddenly without expectation last month. Thank you for sharing your insight and wisdom here. I am a licensed Grief counselor at a hospice. No amount of experience could have prepared me for what I feel. I want so bad to hear from my Dad. But I know he may not be able. I’ve been following this site for many years, but have never taken the step to comment. I would like to know if my Dad was greeted by loved ones on the other side. Not even sure my reason for writing this, but thanks nonetheless for listening.

2. lovehim

lovehim Member

Hi Kristi,

I lost my life partner unexpectedly last month. I was brought to this website in the depths of my grief (still pretty deep, as you know). I've been able to connect with him using the ITC protocol. I have a harder time with the self guided connections (there's a thread where you can find a link), but I do feel him close to me when I do it. It has helped me to read Roberta Grimes' books "The Fun of Dying," and "The Fun of Staying in Touch," as well as Mikey Morgan's "Flying High in Spirit." All I've wanted is evidence and once I felt like I had it, I started figuring out how I could continue my relationship from where I am now.
    Hope that helps.

http://selfguided.spiritualunderstanding.org/
    http://www.spiritualunderstanding.org/instructions.htm

3. Kristi DiFilippo

Thanks so much. I will check out the links. I’m so sorry for your loss.

4. lovehim

lovehim Member

Thank you. I'm sorry for yours too. Grief is hard; it's harder when it's unexpected and sudden. :(

As for both of these methods, it's important to know you might not get anything on the first try. But keep trying -- it does work!

5. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Hi Kristi,
    I am sorry for what you are experiencing. I Lost the love of my life in June of this year and a week ago lost my little cockatiel who She really loved. This site has been a comfort to me. The links LoveHim sent were very useful to me, and there are, as being a grief counselor you probably already know, many books, youtube vids, etc on this.

I have to thank you for the work you do. I am looking into hospice volunteer work once I'm more emotionally stable and I hope that you understand the important work you do and I hope that bring you some peace in this very difficult time.
    Peace.

6. Kristi DiFilippo

Thank you, Bill. I’m sorry for the loss you’ve experienced as well. Volunteering at a hospice is incredibly rewarding work, although it can be very difficult when dealing with your own grief. Peace to you...

7. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

I believe we are all guided Kristi. I went through hospice training years ago but never did it because Susie suffered a lengthy illness and I was Her caretaker. But maybe I'll be able to put my training and experience to good use for others.
    Again I think you. Susie was released to my care and home hospice and they were absolute angels. Hospice work is truly superhuman work.
    Peace.

8. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I feel for you, Kristi. No matter how much we may know about and accept the notion of survival we may still feel the intense pain of bereavement simply because we miss the physical presence of the one we've temporarily lost and nothing seems able to soften that pain.

You asked one simple question to which there is one simple answer - absolutely your dad will have been greeted and accompanied by those he loved and who loved him. You say you're unsure why you've written as you have and I'd suggest it's because right now you need to talk to folk who understand your pain but also know that death isn't the end of the story.

DenverGuy likes this.
  9. Kristi DiFilippo

Thanks for that, Mac.

10. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Kristi,
    Mac nailed it!
    From my own experience with a very talented medium and I'm not a wide eyed new age person but a very skeptical person:
    Every morning after my Susie transitioned I greeted Her with "Te Amo mi Amor".
    I contacted Shoshanna, the medium, and she said she made contact with little Susie. She said Susie has something to say to me....."Te Amo mi Amor". Shoshanna knew nothing of this greeting nor that Spanish was little Susie's primary language. Totally blew me away. Shoshanna went on to say that my mom and brother greeted Susie along with many others. Shoshanna did not know I had a brother, let alone a deceased brother, nor that my mom passed. Kristi your dad might be busy for a while greting old friends so please be patient. Know that he is safe and so are you!

My little man Larry, Susie's cockatiel, transitioned a week ago today and I've been doubly crushed from Him and Susie's transition and I weep every day but I weep tears of joy right now because of Mac, LoveHim and you Kristi and many, many others because we are all on this journey seperatly, totally alone and yet together in many ways.

Kristi you bring a wealth of experience now to the work you do. I don't know if I will ever be in an emotional state to do the hospice volunteer work but if not I am able to touch grieving others and I live every day in Susie's and now little Larry's love and light!
    Peace.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017