1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

a good death

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by mac, Oct 2, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

Some say you're never given any more than you can deal with but sometimes you do wonder. Another desperately sad aspect is that in such a situation you may seem, and it may feel, you're very much on your own.

2. jobun

jobun New Member

yeah. I hope I can provide some comfort to him but like you said earlier sometimes words are just inadequate.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

At those times it's sometimes better to sit and just listen.

jobun likes this.
  4. jobun

jobun New Member

I am a good listener. and a good hugger.

5. mac

mac Staff Member

There's a lot to be said for both. :)

jobun likes this.
  6. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

From Mac: "It can certainly seem selfish but isn't it because we are desperate not to lose someone we love? Even when chemo. etc. makes that person sicker but appears to prolong their life..."
    I agree, it's because we're desperate. I don't think we're being selfish at all. It's an awful feeling - no words can really describe it.
    Also, I don't know why people drop off from here and I can't speak for them. I know I have been gone for a while. For me, I always want more information - concrete proof, a way to connect, etc., but it doesn't seem to happen. I kind of gave up. But something in me never will do that. This is far too important and the people here are terrific.
    I hope that more of the others come back.

SashaS likes this.
  7. mac

mac Staff Member

welcome back, DG :) It certainly is some time since you were around and I'm sorry to learn that connecting with your beloved partner hasn't happened for you.

I, too, always hope former ALF regulars will re-join us but realistically I don't expect many will after they've been away for a certain period of time.

I've observed if folk don't find - within a personal time frame - what they seek they may grow disillusioned or just bored. Some will become resigned to never finding enough to persuade them. Others may even become bitter and adopt a stance of denial or they may simply adjust to their situation and get on with life.

Former regulars may be in any of those categories or have other reasons they don't return. In the Spiritualist movement it used to be said we can only lay the table and leave folk to take from it what appeals to their individual taste.

DenverGuy likes this.
  8. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Many thanks, Mac, I really appreciate that a lot. It's good to be back. Thank you.

9. jobun

jobun New Member

I think I used the wrong word when I said selfish. I think desperation is the better word. I apologize if I offended anyone. Sometimes my communication skills lack finesse.

DenverGuy likes this.
  10. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

I don't think it's selfish at all. We don't want them to suffer, we hope for a miracle, and we want them to stay with us.