1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

a few thoughts

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by mac, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Mac,
    Thank you so much for doing this! Well done! Great explanations to so many of the questions here. Just a wonderful summary!
    I thank you and so does Mikey for this effort to help others have a better understanding.
    Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"

2. mac

mac regular contributor Staff Member

Reincarnation is a constant conundrum. As with most spiritual issues I don't hold beliefs - either I'm persuaded by the strength of evidence and/or teaching or I'll pigeon-hole a subject as 'not proven' until I reach the point of persuasion. With reincarnation I'm persuaded it's a reality BUT I'm far from certain about the exact sequence of events. Alleged past life regression accounts are not part of what persuades me about multiple lives. Some may be authentic but that doesn't make all of them so.

My standpoint is that reincarnation is an option. Some, perhaps most, will take the opportunity but other won't. If life in the physical dimension is so important - and everything I've learned says it is - then my view is that we'll make stepwise spiritual progression here. I see no logic in us all doing it the once and leaving for good despite having had vastly different experiences.

At some point we entered this dimension and what's not known is exactly where we've just left or the status of our spiritual evolvement at that point. Do we, for example, all have exactly the same level of spiritual progression as we enter the physical? Or do we arrive at different personal levels and hence adopt individual existences appropriate for our further progression? For me the latter is logical.

I am also persuaded that, in general terms, 'once-is-not-enough' to achieve the progression we expect of ourselves In some simple situations it's arguable that so little experience would have been had (early death) that any spiritual progress would be minimal compared with someone whose life was rich with experience Hence for me further opportunities would be logical. Not everyone is persuaded by such arguments, however, but that may be down to their current level of spiritual progress which hampers their appreciation of the bigger picture. That would change after they have had more lives, made more progress and thus can see this matter from a different perspective!

Underpinning my stance is the teaching of guide and teacher, Silver Birch, along with some from other sources - my words but not my ideas. I much prefer to rely on the guidance of teachers than the ideas of humans. :)

3. I usually don't have time to read lengthy posts, but having read your first few paragraphs I'm going to come back to it and read it at a time that I can give it my 100% attention, as most of what you post generally rings true to me.

With Lovingkindness (metta),
    vic

4. mac

thank you, Carol

It was my pleasure and as I sat writing a response to you yesterday evening it was what I felt impressed to do. I hope it does indeed offer some ideas to help answer some of the frequent questions about life and what comes after it.

5. mac

I rarely read ramblingly long postings either, vic, but I deliberately broke mine into bite-size, bullet-pointed, sections so it's easy to flick down and stop at anything that catches your eye.