1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

a few thoughts

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by mac, Apr 4, 2013.

1. mac

mac old member Staff Member

The essential sage in this field, Victor Zammit, shares with us these thoughts:

[FONT=&amp]
    • All humankind survives physical death, irrespective of beliefs.

• At the point of death we take with us our mind and character along with all our experiences. We then live in our etheric (spirit) body, a near duplicate of our physical one. It is usually connected to the earth body by a ‘silver cord’ like the umbilical cord of a baby during life but becomes free on corporeal death. When the silver cord is severed there is no possibility of returning to the now dead physical body. The etheric body and our surroundings will feel just as solid as they are to us now.

• There is no Heaven ‘up in the sky’ and no hell ‘down below’; the location of the afterlife and that of the earth plane are coincident. Just as there are different radio or TV frequencies within the same room, different worlds or “spheres” or “planes” inter-penetrate and exist without interfering with one another – from the highest ‘vibrations’ (frequencies) to the lowest.

• There are many levels, spheres or planes of existence in the afterlife. On physical death we go to the level which can accommodate the vibration we have developed throughout our existence(s). Humankind frequently assigns a notional number to these levels and most ordinary people are said to go to the third one, often termed [/FONT][FONT=&amp]The Summerland[/FONT][FONT=&amp]. Those more spiritually evolved, of ‘higher’ vibration, will naturally progress to levels where their personal vibration most closely matches that of a particular level. In reality there are no sharply demarcated boundaries between levels. Just a gradual fading out of one and in of the next. We are told that the higher ones are too beautiful even to imagine. Those whose spiritual evolvement has not progressed far may be found in the lower levels, the least evolved - often termed wicked - will be found in regions said to be very dark and drear. They will have much work to do to further their spiritual progression.

• The notions of eternity in Hell and eternal damnation were invented quite literally by men, often to control the uneducated and unaware by fear but it does not exist in the way taught by mainstream religions. Whilst there ARE lower spheres in the afterlife that are particularly dark, unpleasant and maybe horrific – ‘hell’ - individuals do not spend eternity there. There is always help available for any soul prepared to learn the lessons of kindness and unselfishness.

• Once freed from the body, and adjusted to one’s new surroundings, it is said a great sense of freedom is to be expected. Some communicators have likened it to how it might feel when removing a heavy diver’s suit.

• The state of mind at the point of death is highly variable. Some souls pass over conscious of what will follow and are aware of friends and loved ones who come to welcome their arrival; others are unaware and are accompanied to a place of rest and recuperation until they have had time to adjust.

• In the regions nearest to our world, often termed the Astral, mind creates reality. Those who are strongly conditioned to expect nothing after death may well stay in a deep sleep for some considerable time.

• Those who have been ill for some time may need to be helped to shake off their mental image of themselves allowing their healthy etheric body gradually to replace it. Hospital-like places exist for this purpose.

• Ordinary people are likely to be met by family members or friends. Teachers say that in the afterlife our appearance changes to the time when we were at our best in life, often that of a young mature adult.

• Atheists, agnostics and others are not prevented from eventually living in the higher spheres but such attitudes apply mostly to physical or lower etheric planes. If those views are held strongly it may slow the individuals’ spiritual progress.

• Religious rituals such as baptism, confession etc, or conversely not believing in creeds and dogmas do not in themselves impact spiritual progress. Such rituals were created by humankind and have no relevance to spiritual progression. Holding very firms beliefs may, however, prove a barrier to change.

• At some point after crossing over you may choose to carry out a review of your last life. You may consider how your thoughts, words and deeds affected others and yourself. Nobody judges you. You assess your own progress by comparing intentions with outcomes, what you achieved compared with what you set out to do.

• In the afterlife communication is telepathic although normal speech may also appear to be used whilst acclimatising to the new conditions. Communication with those on earth is also telepathic.

• Those passing over may wish to try to communicate their survival to those they loved on earth or to others. This may be far from easy, as shown by the small number of accounts of this happening. Some will choose to attend their own funerals. Physical and mental disabilities will disappear - they are only of the physical overcoat, our bodies.

• The mind has enormous power in the afterlife. It can change the form of matter there and enable travel to apparently distant places at the speed of thought. Picturing oneself somewhere can result in being almost instantly transported there. Movement is not constrained as it is in the physical.

• Some people ‘get stuck’ between the physical and the etheric. They may still feel as they did before their death and may not realise, or be unwilling to accept, that they have actually passed over. Confusion or reluctance may last for a considerable time - years, decades or even longer.

• In the afterlife, there is no need to eat or drink or for sleep. There is no night, rain or bad weather. What is found is often the opposite to what is experienced in the physical.

• You will have the opportunity to mix and interact with others of a similar vibration and join with them in co-operative endeavours or you may choose privacy and solitude.

• You may wish to continue living in a house, perhaps a replica of a favourite one, or alternatively you may wish to create something different or even live communally. A favourite pet may be waiting for you where a strong enough bond existed in the physical. All such ways will be available.

• You may wish to continue to pursue your favourite interests, there are many books to read, art, music, and concerts will be available, even sports activities. Or you can do gardening!

• Spiritual progress can continue in the afterlife with eventual progress to higher, even more beautiful spheres. It is taught that repeated return to the physical (reincarnation) is not vital but that it may greatly speed the process of spiritual evolvement. It is neither automatic nor mandatory. It will be chosen by some and not others.

• [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Halls of Learning [/FONT][FONT=&amp]are there for all who wish to use them or you may wish to learn to help those crossing over or in other ways. You may even want to learn about and help with rescue work – supporting individuals lost in darker regions but wanting to escape. There is no shortage of work or pastime which may appeal!

• Ultimately, there will come a time - perhaps after many earth lifetimes, perhaps only a few or even one - when you have made sufficient spiritual progress to move on to a new, a higher, vibrational level. This “transition” to the next sphere happens gradually and naturally. It is sometimes said that this is like another death where the individual leaves behind what was familiar and moves on to a new level of existence.

• It is possible to visit levels lower than your own but not to live there - you may have friends and relatives still there with whom you wish to keep in contact. Like attracts like in the afterlife. Unlike on the earth plane, those with lower vibrations cannot mix freely with those in the higher spheres. Although it is not possible to visit the higher spheres you may be made aware, by more advanced souls, of what happens there. Love is the mechanism whereby we may stay in touch with others in different levels to out own. It is the most powerful force known.

[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2013
    Amore likes this.
  2. mokandi

mokandi New Member

Thank you for this.

3. pleiades

pleiades Member

We need a "like" button. :D Thank you so much, Mac! I've printed your words out and will keep in my journal.

4. Pinkroses

Pinkroses Member

Great thread, Mac! I agree with most of what you've said.

The one big thing I have trouble fully accepting is the concept of reincarnation. Perhaps it is because of my Catholic upbringing. I always wonder why most mediums believe in reincarnation. What do they consider proof it exists? I have read Brian Weiss's Messages From the Masters as well as several books written by mediums. I also watched Flipside: A Journey Into the Afterlife where they showed clips of past-life regressions. But I am not convinced. Can you explain to us the reasons why you believe in reincarnation?

5. mac

thanks, guys I'm pleased you found the piece interesting. :)

6. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Mac,
    Thank you so much for doing this! Well done! Great explanations to so many of the questions here. Just a wonderful summary!
    I thank you and so does Mikey for this effort to help others have a better understanding.
    Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"

7. mac

Reincarnation is a constant conundrum. As with most spiritual issues I don't hold beliefs - either I'm persuaded by the strength of evidence and/or teaching or I'll pigeon-hole a subject as 'not proven' until I reach the point of persuasion. With reincarnation I'm persuaded it's a reality BUT I'm far from certain about the exact sequence of events. Alleged past life regression accounts are not part of what persuades me about multiple lives. Some may be authentic but that doesn't make all of them so.

My standpoint is that reincarnation is an option. Some, perhaps most, will take the opportunity but other won't. If life in the physical dimension is so important - and everything I've learned says it is - then my view is that we'll make stepwise spiritual progression here. I see no logic in us all doing it the once and leaving for good despite having had vastly different experiences.

At some point we entered this dimension and what's not known is exactly where we've just left or the status of our spiritual evolvement at that point. Do we, for example, all have exactly the same level of spiritual progression as we enter the physical? Or do we arrive at different personal levels and hence adopt individual existences appropriate for our further progression? For me the latter is logical.

I am also persuaded that, in general terms, 'once-is-not-enough' to achieve the progression we expect of ourselves In some simple situations it's arguable that so little experience would have been had (early death) that any spiritual progress would be minimal compared with someone whose life was rich with experience Hence for me further opportunities would be logical. Not everyone is persuaded by such arguments, however, but that may be down to their current level of spiritual progress which hampers their appreciation of the bigger picture. That would change after they have had more lives, made more progress and thus can see this matter from a different perspective!

Underpinning my stance is the teaching of guide and teacher, Silver Birch, along with some from other sources - my words but not my ideas. I much prefer to rely on the guidance of teachers than the ideas of humans. :)

8. vic smyth

vic smyth New Member

I usually don't have time to read lengthy posts, but having read your first few paragraphs I'm going to come back to it and read it at a time that I can give it my 100% attention, as most of what you post generally rings true to me.

With Lovingkindness (metta),
    vic

9. mac

thank you, Carol

It was my pleasure and as I sat writing a response to you yesterday evening it was what I felt impressed to do. I hope it does indeed offer some ideas to help answer some of the frequent questions about life and what comes after it.

10. mac

I rarely read ramblingly long postings either, vic, but I deliberately broke mine into bite-size, bullet-pointed, sections so it's easy to flick down and stop at anything that catches your eye.

11. orangeysky

orangeysky Member

Thank you, Mac. You're a great teacher and like I've said "you keep us on our toes" at least you do me. I never expect to have the vast knowledge that some in this forum have but I have learned a lot from many of our members. A few have changed my views, a few have answered my questions, a few have made me go "hmmmm". I take what rings true best for me. I like to take what "feels right" from what I gather of posts from certain members and research from that point. I don't and most probably will never do the in depth research that some here have but I'm comfortable in taking what I need and hopefully sometimes (few as it may be) adding my two cents.

Thank you again, Mac for this summary. I found it very helpful. My many thanks to all of our members for each and every post, all input, advice, experiences, and views.

Oh and P.S. Mac, your post time stamp is 11:11 which has great significance to me. I'm big on number signs :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  12. mac

thank you for your kind words :)

I don't know if 11.11 was meant to have any significance as numbers aren't my speciality but I'm happy to accept they mean something to you.

13. ravensgate

ravensgate Member

I don't know if other members agree, but I would make this a "Sticky". Thank you so much, Mac - and I appreciate the bullet-point format :)

14. orangeysky

orangeysky Member

You have my vote

15. WWE LOVER

WWE LOVER New Member

Good stuff.

16. WWE LOVER

WWE LOVER New Member

I agree.

And Victor Zammit agrees. ;)

17. Truth seeker

Truth seeker Member

I agree. !

18. beadtrader

beadtrader Member

Well done, Mac! Thank you!

19. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

I agree! This should be a sticky! I also think it needs to be titled in such a way to get new members attention. This will help them get an understanding of some of the main ideas here. Then their questions can build from that. Hopefully Roberta will see this and agree! Great work Mac! This will be so helpful! It gives a start. :)
    Carol

20. vic smyth

vic smyth New Member

Great post Mac. Should be made a sticky.

I agree with everything that you wrote. I've read similar accounts from many sources. You wrote a great summary touching many points.

The big question that I have, and something that is at odds with my worldview, is that if we are evolving spiritually through all our lives and afterlife levels, does that mean that we were originally created less-than-perfect beings that need lessons on how to be loving, kind, thoughtful of others? Or are we perfect beings choosing to experience imperfection? If so, is this why our imperfect world is referred to as a illusion? If so, and we experience some imperfection or still need some spiritual growth in the afterlife realms or through reincarnation, are those afterlife realms also a part of the illusion? Is then our only true reality, our original state of existence, a realm where we are all one, duality and hierarchy do not exist? Is this the highest realm that you speak of that we cannot even imagine?

That is the direction that I am currently leaning towards, though I concede that I could be wrong. Hindus believe in endless cycles where we are either evolving or devolving. Did we start out perfect, devolve, and now are evolving back to where we started? I guess the problem that I have is if there is a God, or Creative Source of everything, and this Source is Good, would It create something imperfect as we are? Maybe I'm just hung up on Genesis, "God created everything and everything that God created was Good."

Maybe we'll never get the answers to these questions, at least not in our current state of existence. Regardless what the answer is, it doesn't change what we should be doing while we're here, as you stated, show "kindness and unselfishness".

And now the biggest question: In the afterlife realms, are we loved unconditionally, just the way we are?

Thanks,
    vic