1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

a favourite!

Discussion in 'Ghosts and Hauntings' started by mac, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

In your first paragraph, mac, you suggest to me that ghosts might be something like a recording of an event on the environment?
    November evenings are a good time for ghosts and legends. I particularly like the ones involving a horse-drawn coach. Who could be sitting inside the coach in the swirling darkness? I have seen this swirling blackness for myself. Once seen, never forgotten. An example of this "Top Gear" type of haunting is Borley Rectory in Essex which is supposed to have a phantom coach career straight across the dining room table, as a result of the house being built over an old highway. The house was leased by the psychic investigator Harry Price in 1937 for an investigation which apparently did not disappoint, and Borley Rectory became front-page news. In 1929 he had been sent by the Daily Mirror to report on the house. Apparently it continued to give trouble to its tenants and burnt down in 1939, when onlookers reported seeing strange figures in the smoke and flames.

baob likes this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm not really interested in ghosts because my interest is that of communication and you can't communicate with a ghost.

3. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

True, but psychic investigations which appear in the media can attract attention to a subject which is not accessible by all. Not everyone will have these experiences, but many enjoy reading about them.

4. mac

mac Staff Member

I wasn't saying anything about anyone else's preferences, Ruby - only about my own. It doesn't surprise me at all when folk are interested in psychic phenomena but they've long ceased to have any interest for me.

Although I have little interest in psychic issues they may help bring about for others a thirst for information about survival, the subject I have deep interest in.