1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

A brief intro.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Intbel, Dec 17, 2012.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Welcome, Intbel! We are sorry that it can take a day or two for registrations to be approved, but we are being inundated by registration requests from spammers - not just bots, but real people - who have to be culled through individually by an extraordinary friend of these forums. We are delighted to have you here, and like Eli I hope that you have found old threads which are sufficiently interesting to you that you intend to resurrect them!

2. mac

mac Staff Member

I take your various points but as I always point out, Spiritualism isn't its churches be they SNU or indeed Christian Spiritualist ones.....

Over many years online I've found it helpful to draw attention to my being a Spiritualist and that I'm 'speaking' from that perspective (albeit not solely using teachings found in our philosophy) as it's one perspective that on certain websites is rarely heard. (here, for example, other than from myself)

3. Intbel

Intbel New Member

Thank you ma'am. No worries about any delay, I know how it is and am not impatient.

Talking of which, when folks say "I need patience" or "I have no patience" I strongly disagree.
    'Tis my opinion that we all have unlimited patience. The only limitation being the degree to which we exercise that patience.

4. anonymous

anonymous New Member

Hi Intbel,

I'm a Spiritualist and I never really understood Christian Spiritualism either. Spiritualism rejects most of the central tenets of Christianity: vicarious atonement, eternal damnation, the requirement of faith.

However, I don't see a problem with the requirement for a training course before someone is allowed to be a healer during the church services. The church has a responsibility to make sure its healers have been properly trained and the church also requires funds to operate. However, if you just want to learn healing you don't have to take the course anyone can learn by themselves.

5. Hi, Intbel! I hope to see you around the forum.

6. Intbel

Intbel New Member

Those last five words are key. The requirement should be, not that one has taken a course but whether or not one is able to facilitate the healing process.

Thank you. And you will :rolleyes:

7. poeticblue

poeticblue member

It is very strange. As I started to read your post I heard an english accent in my head. And then behold! You mention you are from england. Very strange how I caught onto that. My intuition grows stronger by the day and by the research!

8. Intbel

Intbel New Member

Useful, intuition. The more one relies upon it the more reliable it becomes.

:rolleyes: