1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

10 Reasons Life May Be A Computer Simulation

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by vic smyth, Dec 4, 2013.

1. jimrich

jimrich Established Member

Where are they?

Interesting piece. It reminds me of the Mystical concept that life is like a movie screen with a lot of action and characters moving about upon it but it's all the screen in reality while the characters and action upon the screen are illusions. The illusive characters upon the screen believe that they are real and do not usually notice the underlying screen that is the only reality there. We are the permanent screen but have mistaken our self for the illusory characters in our movie.
    Another story is about the ocean with a lot of separate waves dancing upon it. People and other stuff are the waves who have temporarily forgotten that they are the ocean and have come to believe that they are just separate waves playing around with other separate waves. It's all water! The ocean and the waves are all one thing!

IMO, we are both the Avatar and the Computer just as we are both the screen and the image(s) projected upon it.

Why wait until the game is over? Sages tell us that we can awaken to our dream or simulation right now because we have never been anything other than the Good Creator of this program.

My life changed to happiness, peace, comfort, hope and joy the moment I realized that I am both the Computer and the avatar; both the screen and the character in my movie; both the ocean and a wave but even more to the point, I am the eternal reality within the simulation/movie/ocean.

2. jimrich

More joy

I see my self as both the avatar and the programmer so, if I became completely aware of this fact, I'd most likely go on living as I do right now BUT with way more grace, comfort, courage and joy.

3. jimrich

god is the programmer

Why bother? What's wrong with this program? I can find nothing wrong with my program even if some avatar thinks something is 'wrong'. I set it up just the way I want it, for whatever purpose I had and it's all going exactly the way I want it to go.

As the programmer, I can fix anything or leave it just as it is.

Yes, that loving, kind, gentle, non-judgmental God does exist. It's you, the programmer/creator of your own simulation - insane or otherwise.

4. jimrich

Rupert

Hi Vic: Check out this 'new age' guy: http://non-duality.rupertspira.com/home