1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

10 Reasons Life May Be A Computer Simulation

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by vic smyth, Dec 4, 2013.

1. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

While I agree with this (that is, I don't believe life is a computer simulation, but whatever it is, I agree that knowing all the answers beforehand would make the experience a bit pointless), in my unwavering opinion, if there is an afterlife then each and every person on this planet should be or have been permitted to know for sure, without even an iota of doubt, for the entirety of their lives, that our dead loved ones are in that afterlife and that we will be with them again. Pretty much anything else I can see arguments for and against knowing, but on this one thing I will never change my mind.

2. katarina

katarina New Member

I completely agree, bluebird. It would make all the difference in the world. My husband's mother died this morning. We are glad she won't have to suffer anymore. But, it would make all the difference in the world if one had that knowing, without a doubt, that those who've passed are in an afterlife. Still living, very happily, without all the pain and strife here! I do choose to believe now, but it's not always easy without personal validation.

3. marmaladecat

marmaladecat Guest

My sincere condolences for your family's loss Katarina.

Even with personal validations, the loss of a loved one in this reality/ illusion is still painful.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
  4. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Exactly, Katarina. For me, I cannot "choose" to believe -- if I have an experience that proves it to me beyond doubt, then I will believe. Until then, I am agnostic about it.

I am sorry for your loss.

5. Whether it's a computer simulation, or a simulation done by some future technology that supersedes computers, maybe even a thought-based simulation, I find it uplifting that it is not real, something that mystics from all religions have been telling us for thousands of year. It means, to me, that somewhere there is a Creator of a Perfect world with Perfect beings. A place where all our loved ones reside. A place that is our Home that we will all return to. A place where all the insanity of this world is nothing more than a dream, though a significant dream where we will have all experienced what the duality of Harmony and disharmony would be like.

Nice to hear from all of you again.

With Lovingkindness,
    vic

6. marmaladecat

marmaladecat Guest

I hope so too, Vic. I had an experience recently when my mum came over to visit and out of the blue she started talking about the nature of reality and "Is this life a dream?". Quite unusual for my mum to make such profound commentary out of what seemed like nowhere. What was also interesting to me is that this particular subject had been on my mind that day too...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
  7. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Thank you, dear wonderful Vic - this is beautiful!!

8. I found the video: https://vimeo.com/126833477. The Reptilians have been thwarted, Truth wins out.

9. janef

janef Moderator

Vic!!! omg... is it really you???

10. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Of course it is Jane!

Nice to see you posting Vic. Sorry I've been missing in action.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016