ASCSI Conference Life In The Afterlife
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't blame Jeffrey Dahmer for his eating habits...

Don't blame Jeffrey Dahmer for his eating habits...

I'm sure a lot of you remember this guy. For those who don't, he was a serial killer who would eat his victims and have sex with their corpses.

So what does this have to do with the price of tea in China you ask? Well, I'd like to know how the afterlife figures into this kind of behaviour.

We all come here with general life plans, and sometimes things like murder can be planned by us. True, it's never part of God's plan, but murder could be part of an individual's plan for both the perp and the victim.

But I have to wonder what kind of spiritual growth and learning could come from necrophilia and cannibalism. Do 2 souls ever get together before coming here and decide, "Hey, you can kill me, have sex with my dead body and then eat me, all for the purpose of learning love and forgiveness." I have a hard time reconciling this.

So then this kind of behaviour might simply boil down to a poor choice, and is actually off-track behaviour that is most definitely not part of the life plan. But let's face it - how many people do you know who kill people, have sex with the corpse, and then filet the heart as part of a 4-course meal?

It seems like this decision would be the result of severe mental illness and insanity. But what if this mental disease was planned into the individual's life? Or is it a case that a severe mental illness is planned into the life, but this individual made a poor choice to take it too far?

Sure his behavior was a bit weird, but hey, everyone needs a hobby!

So am I really way off track when I say that is an insane world, filled with insane people, created by insane gods? That's the biggest lesson I learned here. And for some Good reason we freely chose to come here and experience this insanity -- wow. What was I smoking in the Summerlands when I made that decision?

With Lovingkindness (metta),
    vic

That's the kind of thing that makes everything I thought possible unbelievable. I can't imagine having given birth to such a monster. How do you reconcile that? You carried a disturbed soul for what reason???

Quote Originally Posted by vic smyth View Post
    Sure his behavior was a bit weird, but hey, everyone needs a hobby!

So am I really way off track when I say that is an insane world, filled with insane people, created by insane gods? That's the biggest lesson I learned here. And for some Good reason we freely chose to come here and experience this insanity -- wow. What was I smoking in the Summerlands when I made that decision?

vic
    Oooohhhh, now you're talking my language. Pass some of that smoke my way, will ya?

Hobbies, hobbies, hobbies. Could be stamp collecting, cannibalism, crochet, stalking. It's all the same to me.

I can't understand how his behaviour is life planned. But if it simply boils down to poor choices while here, was he responsible for such choices? Didn't the insanity contribute to what happened? And wasn't this insanity planned before coming here?

Going in circles makes me dizzy. Hopefully Carol can answer this one.

If we are all really just actors playing out our roles, is anyone to blame for anything once the play is over? Won't we all just get together afterwards and have a good laugh at ourselves over a few drinks, or maybe a bong?

vic

This is similar to my question about my adoptive mother (not that she was a cannibal, of course) in that it seems hard to understand that someone's life plan would include being -- for lack of a better word -- evil. I can see how some might be incarnated with the understanding that they were going to die prematurely, but not that they were going to be the murderer. This seems like it must be more a matter of something going awry.

Having a "life plan" seems like a rather general thing -- not a detailed step by step agenda. And I imagine that sometimes people plan to learn certain things and then fail to learn them. Maybe Dahmer planned a life where he would deal with a severe mental illness, but was not successful?

This concept is rather new to me, and I don't fully understand how it is applicable. But I suspect that it is an easy one to over-apply, as if our whole threescore and ten is mapped out in advance.

Good grief, dear WWE Lover! Jeffrey Dahmer?? You really had to bring him up, did you??

I believe that our beloved friend Mikey would tell us that his sort of monstrous life was not planned, and I am inclined to feel that way as well. My working assumption is that Dahmer and others like him are already far off-track when they attract and become possessed by malevolent spirits, and the pathology of the already somewhat evil living man interacts monstrously with the evil nasty (or nasties) possessing him, resulting in such unspeakable madness. There is abundant evidence for all the components of this scenario - that people can choose the spiritual low road, that doing this weakens their spiritual immune system and can act as a beacon to nasty earthbound spirits, and that when they all crowd into his space the pathology of mind of the living person can be multiplied. It does kind of fit. But I have seen no evidence whatsoever that a life like Dahmer's ever has been planned by anyone!

Holy cow WWE LOVER! I remember this guy so well! Horrific to say the least! Sorry for my delay in responding to this but it was my week-end to work at the hospital and I have been busy as well!
    This is going to be long post! The subject is going to be life lessons and the roles we play on this journey. First of all Mikey wants to talk about God. God is a Unity of Absolute Pure Love which is Infinite. Would this God even remotely expect this type of this thing or act to be a life lesson? ABSOLUTELY NOT! I cannot even imagine how the loved ones left behind could handle this?! In a previous post, Mikey talked about giving certain things to God so you can find some type of peace. This certainly is one of them! We come with a "general plan" which is altered by free-will. We all play "a role" in life lessons. The problem comes in when we "over step" our role. Ego, power and control are the problem. We take our "role" too far. Dahmer took his roll beyond far! Sick with power and control over his victims! Makes me sick to think about it quite frankly! I don't know what his plan was, but he ended it horribly! Free-will and choice bombed it in this situation. Possession? Mikey says it is a possibility in this case.

Lets talk more about our roles and spiritual growth. We all come with roles. Our plans are so intertwined that it is amazing actually. How we act in our roles affects others. And how others act, affects us. We are here for spiritual growth. Our enemies here, who may hurt us terribly, are not necessarily loved ones from previous spiritual experiences according to Mikey. (He wants to point this out.) They may be from a different soul group, etc. But that is not the issue as much as seeing loving ways is. We all play a role. But our spiritual growth is far more if we progress to seeing the hurtful way with what we are doing and "correcting it", versus continuing to be mean and hurtful to others in "the role", if that makes sense! THIS IS GOD"S PLAN according to Mikey. And this is where free-will comes into play. We can progress spiritually if we see this! Mikey tells me in life, our lessons ultimately need to show love for spiritual growth.

In regards to murder or hurtful behavior, according to Mikey, that is never God's plan. It may be the individual soul's plan, but never God's! Now we will talk about the weapon. You can kill someone with a gun or other device, or you can kill someone with words. Both can do horrible damage. A gun kills the body, but words can damage the soul! Mikey says that words that are so hurtful challenge the soul to deal with it and work through it on earth to achieve peace and forgiveness to the other individual involved. It can be very challenging. But potential for growth is there. There is also potential for the soul who is acting this way, if they see what they are doing as not loving. Life lessons ultimately are about love, no matter what role you are playing!!!! Mikey tells me it is so important to be kind and loving. This is ultimately God's plan and this is what achieves spiritual growth! It is NOT about being the hurtful and mean "player", it is about being the loving and kind player (or at least discovering that ) in your "role" and attempting to correct it if needed!
    Hope this make sense! Mikey's opinion!
    Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"
    Last edited by Carol and Mikey; 09-17-2012 at 04:31 AM. Reason: added words

I'll go with all of that Carol and Mikey, Thanks
    I'll also like to point out that we are not just on this Earth to learn lessons, that is not the sole (soul) reason for being here. Yes we learn along the way and develop our spirit and mind if we so choose, but we are also here fundamentally as the Caretakers of this World while we are here. To create a World of Peace Harmony and Love, Prosperity for ALL and to LIVE LIFE!!!

._.

I don't quite have anything to say to this, but the emoticon should pretty much sum it up.