ASCSI Conference Life In The Afterlife

Thread: My Past Life Experiences

Blog Entries

My Past Life Experiences

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share with all of you my experiences that I really think are connected to my past lives. I told Roberta about my past life story last week and she suggested that I create a thread about this, so that's what I'm doing.

Essentially, I have always had a certain fascination with certain parts of history, but not just any time or place, very specific ones. For example, my biggest historical obsession is England in the 1500s, around the reign of Henry VIII. I do find other European countries somewhat interesting at this time as well, but not nearly as much as England.

Because of this fascination with England during the Renaissance, I have done a great deal of research on this period. I have spent countless hours reading about the reign of Henry VIII and those his children (Edward VI, Mary I, and Elizabeth I). For some reason, the English monarchy before Henry VIII, and the monarchy after Elizabeth I, are not at all fascinating to me. I have no explanation for this.

I can pretty much recount every major detail of the reign of Henry VIII, and I know the names/background/reason for annulment of his six wives. Of course, I don't just know all this stuff - I researched it in this lifetime, but what I am trying to say is that I love this time period enough to devote an extraordinary amount of time to studying it.

Another thing that I have always loved, since I was really young, is the way they spoke back then. If I really wanted to sound weird, I could replace you with ye and thou in a conversation. Using them sounds perfectly normal to me - and it always has.

I also love how people were referred to indirectly back then to show respect. Each rank in the social hierarchy had a different word that was used to replace you because you was reserved for family. For example, when talking to a duke/duchess, it would be extremely insulting to say "How are you today?" You would have to say "How is your Grace today?" So, with dukes/duchesses, your Grace replaced you in all sentences. Sorry if I am going off on a tangent here - the point is that this practice always seemed normal to me. Of course, I don't do it because it would really sound strange today, but I love it!

There are other examples of my desire to use antiquated words. I prefer to say with child, rather than pregnant. This just sounds natural to me. Ever since I first heard these antiquated terms, I have like them.

I love quill pens and ink as well. I cannot write with one neatly to save my life, but I love them just the same. I find the scratchy sound that they make on parchment pleasant as well.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I was trying on a Halloween costume - I was Henry VII, of course - when I noticed just how comfortable and natural the clothes felt. While most people would have probably considered the ensemble cumbersome and bulky, I truly enjoyed wearing - it just felt natural.

My theory, thus far, is that I spent one of my lifetimes in the English court of Henry VIII or possibly his children. I feel, for some reason, that I did a lot of bowing too, so I could have been a servant or perhaps a groom. I have never actually gone through a past life regression, but I may someday because I am curious as to whether or not I am correct about this.

I may have also spent another lifetime in English, during the 1100s-1200s. The reason I say this is because another outfit that feels completely natural to me is a crusaders uniform (essentially chain mail and a white toga with a giant red cross on it). I feel like I enjoyed the Latin mass, and that I had the sense that I was incredibly loyal to the King, but to the Church first. Based on that and other things, I feel as though I may have been in the third crusade, which took place in the late 1100s, during the reign of Richard I.

It's strange because I have that sense of loyalty to the church, but I also have a sense of disdain for it. I think this may come from the 1500s lifetime because that was when the Anglican Church was formed, when Henry VIII broke from Rome. Of course, neither of these affect how I feel about the church today, but the feelings are still there, sort of. It's really hard to explain.

So that's my story. Does anyone else have experiences like this that they think may be connected to past lives?
    Visit My Blog:
    JesusIsRight.com

Wow Andrew that's some pretty specific stuff. I don't have anything that hits me that hard. My impressions of previous lives are just vague senses of having lived before.

It would all be speculation but I feel like most of them were as a male and this one is a bit of a compromise in that area. Even in this life the thought of living the life many women do, giving birth, any stereotypical role as a female is unacceptable to me. I also think this is possibly my most refined and gentle existence.

I have a definite impression of the south as a slave owner and just general barbarian, warrior like instincts from previous lives. That's a conflict for me because this life is very non violent, and compassionate in many ways, but the other bleeds through in analysis and thought.

It will be interesting to find out. I do get the impression that I haven't always been as sweet as I am now.

I remember one other thing I noticed recently. Yeshua or Jesus has never been a relevant part of this life. I wasn't raised with religion. The name literally held no power for me. But when I started reading about him on this forum I now snap change his name in my head to the spanish pronunciation (Hey soos) and that is familiar to me.
    Last edited by RudeAwakening; 10-25-2011 at 04:04 AM.

Very interesting Vita! I feel similarly to RA, I have a general sense that I have lived before but nothing specific. I definitely feel that I am usually male, though I happen to be female in this lifetime. My husband and I always joke that he is the "woman" and I am the "man" in our marriage. He probably is usually female, though he is not what anyone would like of as effeminate. He has a huge fascination with pioneer-times, so I imagine he had a past life earlier in the history of the U.S.

Very interesting, you guys. Awakening and Birki, I'm intrigued by how you said you think you were male in most of your lives, and I remember Roberta saying the same. As for me, I'm sure I've almost always been a female. I think I lived in the Wild West period, sometimes living in Montana makes me feel like I am even now, ha. Hmm, ancient Rome interests me too, I think I could have been around then. I also wonder if I ever lived a life of poverty, in Asia, Africa, Latin America...it's hard for me to imagine, but so many live that way and have lived that way so odds are that I did too I guess? I don't know about that one. I also have a feeling I was a prostitute at some point, of some sort. Just a feeling I have.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RudeAwakening View Post
    I have a definite impression of the south as a slave owner and just general barbarian, warrior like instincts from previous lives. That's a conflict for me because this life is very non violent, and compassionate in many ways, but the other bleeds through in analysis and thought.

It will be interesting to find out. I do get the impression that I haven't always been as sweet as I am now.

I remember one other thing I noticed recently. Yeshua or Jesus has never been a relevant part of this life. I wasn't raised with religion. The name literally held no power for me. But when I started reading about him on this forum I now snap change his name in my head to the spanish pronunciation (Hey soos) and that is familiar to me.
    That's interesting, Awakening, especially the part about Jesus and how you think about it in the spanish way. I do the same thing with all church stuff, but in Latin. It's funny, the J is actually a mistake. There was no J sound in Latin, so his original Latin name was Iesus (ee-AY-soos). Anyway, I feel like I have affinity for the Latin mass, even though I have never been to one. It feels like an old habit. But then, I am almost certain that I was a reformer in English (see above), which basically means I was a secret lutheran. Perhaps the Latin is from the Crusader's lifetime I may have had. Who knows! I will be really exciting to find out if I am right once I'm in the Summerland.
    Visit My Blog:
    JesusIsRight.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Birki View Post
    Very interesting Vita! I feel similarly to RA, I have a general sense that I have lived before but nothing specific. I definitely feel that I am usually male, though I happen to be female in this lifetime. My husband and I always joke that he is the "woman" and I am the "man" in our marriage. He probably is usually female, though he is not what anyone would like of as effeminate. He has a huge fascination with pioneer-times, so I imagine he had a past life earlier in the history of the U.S.
    I'll bet your husband was a pioneer, Birki! A lot of times we have a fascination with a certain part of history because we were in it. I guess it gives us comfort to be reminded of our past lives.
    Visit My Blog:
    JesusIsRight.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Very interesting, you guys. Awakening and Birki, I'm intrigued by how you said you think you were male in most of your lives, and I remember Roberta saying the same. As for me, I'm sure I've almost always been a female. I think I lived in the Wild West period, sometimes living in Montana makes me feel like I am even now, ha. Hmm, ancient Rome interests me too, I think I could have been around then. I also wonder if I ever lived a life of poverty, in Asia, Africa, Latin America...it's hard for me to imagine, but so many live that way and have lived that way so odds are that I did too I guess? I don't know about that one. I also have a feeling I was a prostitute at some point, of some sort. Just a feeling I have.
    I'm not sure, but I would guess that we have all been extremely poor at some point or another. Don't forget, until the 1700s, most people were either rich or poor. And there can only be so many rich people...
    Visit My Blog:
    JesusIsRight.com

In reading lots of afterlife evidence you gather tidbits here and there about nearly every subject. Here are some of my general impressions about reincarnation:

1) Nearly all of us live many lifetimes. The alternative to repeated incarnations would be the rough equivalent of staying in your room with lots of toys but without books or a TV - you can play all you like, but you learn almost nothing.

2) Most of us prefer to choose lives of hardship. Okay, so we know we have to do this... but if we have to do it, then let's learn as much as we can in each lifetime!

3) Our earth-lifetimes are not linear. The bucket analogy given to us by some advanced being a hundred years ago hasn't made much of an impression on these forums. So let's try something more modern! Think of all your lifetimes as existing at once as songs on a searchable and re-writable CD. You are on one song now, and how well you sing with it will influence - for better or for worse - the quality of every other song thread, both those which seem to come before this one on the CD and those which seem to come after it. Does that make better sense to you?

4) Whether and when we will incarnate again seems to be sort-of up to us. There are almost no absolutes in this life, and there are even fewer things about the afterlife that we can say absolutely. Our free will there is boundless - we have nothing on earth that's comparable! - and our guides there make every effort to help us make whatever decisions will make us happiest, including trying to learn some of our growth-lessons there. They don't seem to push us to reincarnate soon, except in cases where we have gone so off-track that we really must correct that last lifetime - there is no way that we can ever make progress otherwise. I have seen a few cases (one was someone who murdered and then was executed, if I recall correctly) where guides have literally plucked people from their life-review process, spent time consulting with them in private, and then sent them right back for another earth-lifetime. What good would it have done that off-track being to see the pain that he had caused, and then to consign his guilt-ridden self right to the outer darkness for ages of earth-time? Even in cases where they seem to be stern with us, our guides are seeking only our highest good.

... Just a few thoughts, dear friends!

Blog Entries
    Hi Roberta! What you say about the murdered being allowed to skip his life review makes sense. He can get back on the right track a lot more quickly if he is allowed to skip the review process and then, when he dies again, he will hopefully have had a more positive life.

Personally, I can picture the whole idea of reincarnation a lot easier with the bucket analogy, but I think the CD one is certainly very creative. The use of metaphors are really important with afterlife related stuff. Now I can see why Yeshua used them so much!
    Visit My Blog:
    JesusIsRight.com

Both the bucket and CD analogies make sense, I guess I'm just still a little skeptical about the past being rewritable and that future already having happened, not because it's hard to understand (even though it is lol) but because I just haven't seen or heard a lot of dead people talk about it, but maybe I just haven't been looking in the right place. This isn't to say that I don't agree, I just know now that sometimes you have to take things that even dead people say with a grain of salt sometimes because sometimes you can't be sure who's doing the talking, how advanced they are, or what all they know But I do like the room full of toys analogy. Eventually, one would get bored and want more. I do take solace in knowing that you can learn things in the afterlife too, albeit not as quickly.
    Last edited by Annie; 10-27-2011 at 07:24 AM.