ASCSI Conference Life In The Afterlife

Thread: voices? where do they come from???

voices? where do they come from???

here's another one. when i lay down to go to bed, i often find myself thinking about this or that or more likely "daydreaming" about different things. while i am laying here i am being relaxed and drifting away( like anyone would when they lay down for bed) and all of a sudden i will hear something and/or have a picture of someone i have never seen before pop up in my head and/or i will hear a noise loud enough to startle me but it will not be a noise someone else in the room heard.
    whatever i hear or see is not something that seems of importance. what it seems like to me is that some how i have caught glimpse of something else, i sentence somebody is saying in a casual conversation, somebody walking down a street, or someone, somewhere dropping something. a glimpse of everyday life somewhere else with people i do not know...........?????????????? whatt do u think this actually is???????

Blog Entries
    Hi again Pin! After reading your previous posts, and then reading this one, I believe that you are a natural physic. You seem to be prone to spiritual experiences, my friend. What a wonderful talent! In my opinion, you are describing mind traveling. This is an experience that I am familiar with, so I'll try to explain it to you and see if what I am describing matches your experiences:

1. Mind Traveling is sort of the step before astral traveling:
    In a lot of astral projection classes, they start off by teaching the pupils to mind travel. Astral projection is when your essence (or astral body) temporarily leaves the physical body. This can be voluntary or involuntary. Mind travel is sort of like astral traveling, but you don't leave your body. You just have the ability to see a certain person/place/thing, rather than actually be there as you would be with astral travel. Mind travel is much easier to accomplish, you it is reasonable to assume that it can happen involuntarily as well.

2. Mind Travel can be very useful:
    This can be a very useful gift if you learn to control it better. You may choose just to continue watching whatever you it is that you're being shown, or you might want to go to places that you actually would like to visit. When you're relaxing (right before you reach the point where this normally happens) try to think of a person/place/thing and go there instead. You may find that you are witnessing what the person is actually doing at that time. There are several document cases of mind travel being valid.

I hope this helps!
    Visit My Blog:
    JesusIsRight.com

Pin, what you're describing sounds a lot like a form of sleep paralysis combined with something called Exploding Head Syndrome (which is actually a lot less dangerous than it sounds). Some people frequently experience these episodes just as they're falling asleep, and (like Vita suggests above) they are also commonly reported as marking the onset of an out-of-body experience or astral projection. It might be useful to keep a pen and paper handy next to your bed, so you can write down anything noteworthy you can remember after the experience is over.

Blog Entries
    Hi, VioletRose! You may well be right - I don't have the best knowledge of actual medical syndromes. I don't believe it was sleep paralysis (SP) though because every account of SP that I have read of consists of the person unable to move. Also, there is the sense of a malicious presence. Since Pin doesn't mention either of these, I tend to think it's not SP, but I could be wrong.

Pin, I certainly agree with VioletRose about keeping a pen and some paper near by. After writing down of a few of experiences, you be surprised to find that they do have a subtle pattern to them.
    Visit My Blog:
    JesusIsRight.com