Thanks for the responses everyone. I came across an interesting page the other day about life after death and it went something along the lines of:
"In order to believe in oblivion after death, there are 5 things that you must come to accept:
1) NDEs and/or OBEs do not actually occur and are just part of the brain's chemistry. (theories have been made regarding the brain chemistry, but it does not explain how people who have an OBE can correctly identify things)
2) Jesus Christ, Mohammed, etc. were all frauds (or were given fraudulent information by someone or something eg. alien beings).
3) Ghosts, poltergeists, angels, and spirits are not what they appear to be and instead all have some other rational explanation(s).
4) No medium has communicated with the dead and all mediums are fraud artists.
5) There is some other explanation for the evidence for reincarnation (past life regressions and claims of previous lives lived"
The only thing I'm really skeptical about is the NDE and OBEs. Everything else has *some* room for science to explain the happenings of it, except NDEs and OBEs.