View Full Version : Visitations
02-20-2011, 05:08 PM
I dunno if this is the right forum, but something has been bugging me lately: why is it that some people get visited by their departed loved one(s), while others (who may be just as devestated by the loss) never hear so much as a peep? Is it based on how well the survivor would be able to cope without contact, or does a person just have to be "receptive" enough? It just seems so arbitrary...
02-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Well, it's been suggested that manifesting in the "material" world is difficult for spirits that haven't reached a certain level of development, so that might have something to do with it. I also suspect that, in some cases, popping in unannounced to say "hi, things are going swell" might do more harm than good.
02-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Well, some neurologists recently published about the discovery of discrete regions of the brain associated with "religious" experiences. This isn't exactly my area of expertise, but it may be that everyone is getting "visited" and only a few are actually able to consciously perceive it.
02-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Brokenspiral, there is a lot of evidence that nothing whatsoever is arbitrary! Everything happens for a reason. As VioletRose suggests, it is difficult for all but the most advanced afterlife-based beings to manifest to us on earth, and it may not always be good for a specific grieving person to be contacted by dead loved ones. That being said, though, communications from the recently dead happen so often that they should be considered to be just normal!
While afterlife communications have not been my topic of interest, it is impossible to spend much time studying afterlife evidence without learning a lot about these communications. Here are some of my current understandings:
1) Communication between the material and the non-material levels is difficult. This seems counterintuitive, since all the afterlife levels exist right where we are. But unless a dead person is very advanced spiritually, it seems to require assistance from more advanced beings for our dead to communicate with us at all.
2) Our guides are always in control. If hearing from a dead loved one will be helpful to your personal growth, then your guides and your loved one’s guides will find a way to make it happen.
3) Intense grief seems to be a barrier to afterlife communications. This doesn’t seem fair, does it? Apparently the adverse energy of such intense negative emotions is what gets in the way of our loved ones’ communications, which is another good reason why we all need to work to process and move through our grief.
4) Some common communication methods are little-known and hard to recognize. The most frequent communications, believe it or not, are smells that we associate with the loved one; important songs repeating on the radio or in-store music; specific kinds of birds or butterflies, sometimes appearing out of season; feathers appearing out of nowhere; and coins. The dead who favor coins will choose one denomination or one combination of coins, and bereaved folks will find the same kind of coin or set of coins over and over again. When one of these coins is examined, it often will have a date that is important to the deceased, either a birth or death year or the year of a marriage. We are told by advanced beings that these are all genuine communications, and they are remarkably common. When they happen to you, smile and thank your dead loved one!
5) Many communications happen while we are asleep, in a kind of waking dream. Having had two of these – one of my dad and one of my horse – I can tell you that these dream communications feel very different from normal dreams. They are more colorful and vivid; they feature a dead loved one (usually looking amazingly young); they often take place in a familiar earth-scene; and they tend to be logical and normal-seeming. They tell a linear (and often symbolic) story, they adhere to earthly physics, and – this is key – you remember them forever, as if they were important wide-awake events. Alyssa Al-Chokhachy’s Miraculous Moments (ttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0738721220?ie=UTF8&tag=thfuofdy-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0738721220) contains a wonderful example, in which someone visits her dad and later vividly describes his lakeside home… which turns out to have been his childhood home, a place that she had never seen on earth. Evidence suggests that these dreams are genuine Summerland visits. It is likely that all of us are making these night-time visits to our dead loved ones, and occasionally we are given the gift of remembering them when we wake up.
6) Daylight visions of dead loved ones are surprisingly common. Indeed, it has been estimated that about half of widows and widowers will see a vision of the departed spouse within the first year after the death. These visions range from vague and glowing chest-high apparitions to matter-of-fact sightings in full flesh. Sometimes these visions of our loved ones interact with us, but sometimes they will just walk by.
We don’t know how any of these phenomena are produced. We do know, however, that they are common! My own highly unscientific research suggests that nearly everyone who suffers the loss of a close loved one is going to experience some kind of communication. Whenever you suspect that some experience is a communication from someone you love, smile and mentally offer thanks. If you show that you are open, a stronger communication may well follow.
04-11-2011, 12:23 PM
I have recently been blessed being witness to my 17yr old daughter experiencing contact from my deceased Sister in our home.
My Sister passed 19 1/2 yrs ago from cancer. The experiences have ranged from smelling her perfume, actual objects such as photos being moved and even the old coins showing up randomly. I have been told by a prominent/famous Medium and Clairvoyant that my Daughter is apparently a very gifted Medium and my deceased Sister is a very gifted Psychic! So, apparently, they find it very easy to communicate.
These events have all started unfolding in our home over the last 2yrs. I have asked why now, and been told that it was a pre-planned connection by my Sister before my daughter was born. I have seen my Daughter sit and communicate openly with my Sister. My daughter says most of the communication comes from a feeling, or a vision like a dream. She can even do a little psychometry with my Sister's jewellery! Also, my Sister has told her, she still feels she is married to my bro-in-law; even though he has remarried and has two sons. I find this revelation so sweet.
My daughter has on occasion heard my Sister say things. Such as, when I was in the bathroom, brushing my teeth, I coughed on the toothpaste and my daughter heard my Sister say..." are you ok "? ..... I heard nothing ofcourse. She's also been touched on the back with a very cold finger when she was in bed. My daughter was NOT impressed by that. She came running into me in the middle of the night. I just told her my Sister was playing games; which she always used to do when she was alive. A real trickster!! I told my daughter to go back and tell her to quit it so she could sleep. It didn't happen again :)
It has been truly remarkable and at times over-whelming to see this all unfolding. But my daughter is thoroughly enjoying her newly acquired skills.
We have both considered telling my Mother, but we don't think she.... a) would believe us or.... b) could handle the communication very well.
My Mother naturally was terribly heart-broken when my Sister passed and I know she would cherish the communication eventually; perhaps in time, and with my Daughter becoming stronger and more skilled at her gift, we might tell her. I have told Mum to talk to my Sister whenever she puts flowers in a vase. Apparently my sister loves it when my Mother does this. Mum took that info quite well, so maybe she is more receptive to the idea than I first thought.
If infact you are wanting to communicate with a deceased loved one BrokenSpiral,you could enlist the help of a medium to do this. Just be very careful that you find someone reputable. And as Roberta mentioned there may be signs around you that you simply don't know are happening. A medium could help pinpoint any messages you are getting, but don't realise it.
It was very interesting what Roberta says about intense grief causing a block in communication with the deceased. This makes sense as far as my Mother goes anyway. I'm not saying I wasn't totally devastated when my Sister passed; but over the last two years, I've become very interested in the paranormal and have opened up alot to many possiblities.
I myself cannot communicate with my Sister, but I do find a particular photo on the floor of the kitchen on occasion. And the light in the kitchen flickers sometimes too ( its a two light track system and only one bulb flickers) ; according to my daughter this is an attention seeking thing from my Sis.
I hope that in time, if it's what you are looking for, you will make some kind of contact with loved ones that have passed. I have posted my story in a little more detail under 'Communications with the dead' - entitled 'My Sister' on this site. I hope that in some small way I have helped or answered your questions. I'd be more than happy to answer any more you have.... Blessings ..... Simone x
04-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Oh, brother! I have enough problems with living relatives who drop by uninvited, I hope I never have to deal with the ones who are already dead!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.