View Full Version : Can We Be In Several Places At The Same Time In the Afterlife???
09-02-2011, 11:39 AM
I was just wondering if, while we're in the Afterlife, can a person be in several places at the same time?
Could we talking to a relative, while at the same time be exploring the Summerland, and as we're doing that, be on some other adventure?
University Place, Pierce County, WA
09-02-2011, 08:58 PM
This is a wonderfully profound question, Chuck! I am not really sure what the answer is, but I can tell you what I know that seems relevant to building an answer:
1) There are reports in the literature which suggest that people can be in the Summerland while they are also in bodies here. This may even be universal - we can't be sure! But I have seen it said several different times that So-and-So in the Summerland is kind of vague at the moment because he is currently living an earth-lifetime. Or that someone has been sitting on a garden bench by herself, which is unusual, but she is concentrating on the earth-lifetime that she is now living. There aren't enough of these reports for us to say anything definitive, but it does all suggest that this may in fact be the normal process. It may be one of those things that is so self-evident to the dead that they don't even think to discuss it with us in detail.
2) Our Summerland life is more "real" than this life. I don't know that we can say for sure that it is our normal condition, but it is certainly much more normal than is earth-life. So the fact that we can be in two places at once when one is the earth-level and the other is the Summerland wouldn't necessarily carry over to our being able to bifurcate that way when we are in the Summerland exclusively.
3) We never sleep in the afterlife. We seem to be more completely ourselves there! We are told repeatedly that those in the Summerland never sleep, and I have seen no indications that we ever travel out-of-body while there - essentially, this earth-body is a temporary shell that we need to leave frequently for R&R, but once we are out of it permanently we are always awake and aware. This fact suggests to me that we probably can't be aware in more than one place at a time in the Summerland, but it is only a suggestion.
4) It seems possible, however, that we might do some form of distant viewing. So we aren't literally in two places at once, but rather since there is no such thing as space or distance it seems possible that we might be in one place and be able to see other places at the same time, especially after we become more advanced spiritually.
- Does this help? As with so many questions that we might ask about the afterlife, this one is probably more complex than it seems at first. The answer is probably some combination of "In a sense" and "It depends"!
09-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Sorry - there is a "Close Thread" thing, and I hit it inadvertently!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.