View Full Version : Living multiple lives at once
05-21-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm just full of questions today, lol. Okay, so if we're living all our lives at once, does that mean we die at the same time in all of our lives? And also, wouldn't it mean that once we die, we're done living and reincarnating since it all happened simultaneously? Hope this makes sense, it's kind of a convoluted thought in my mind.
05-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Hello again, dear friend - another wonderful question! You have asked four or five questions in one visit that took me a couple of days to get to answer, and each was a great one! I'll try to answer it here, as best I can... although nobody still in body really can know for certain:
1) Objective time does not exist. The clock-measured time that we are used to here and think must be fundamental seems to exist only in this physical universe. Once we are out of body, all time is subjective (if it exists at all). This is easy to say, but hard to imagine - even experienced afterlife researchers get tripped up by the "time problem" all the time.
2) Reincarnation exists, but it is not linear. Very advanced beings have told us that while something like reincarnation does happen, it is nothing like what we have been imagining - I read one such being who said we shouldn't even wonder about it now because there is no way for us to understand it. Another said that the best way for us to think about reincarnation would be to envision a bucket, from which each lifetime is dipped and back into which each lifetime is poured.
3) Our lifetimes are neither simultaneous nor being lived at different times. There is no time, remember? So time is irrelevant, which means that there is no sensible way to ask or answer a question about whether or not our deaths all happen at the same time. I know how strange this sounds - I have the same problem! I mean, are we living all our earth-lives at the same time, or aren't we?? In reality, for us to ask this is something like asking whether the color blue is fast or slow.
4) There is some evidence that what happens in this lifetime can be influencing both our past and our future lives, for good or ill. I find this really hard to understand, but if this theory is true - and there is evidence for it - then a very bloody and violent period (like the 20th century, just ended) might affect both earlier and later epochs negatively. It wouldn't change history, mind you, but history would already have happened differently and you could read that different history in a modern schoolbook. If this theory is right, and if it is true (as a lot of evidence also suggests) that a new age of spiritual enlightenment is just about to begin on the earth, then in fact the bloodiest wars and the Holocaust and the rape of Africa now going on never actually happened! The spiritual growth about to occur will cancel out that bad history, and in fact it never happened in the first place. I know how hard it is to get your mind around all these theories! But time is not real. Just really get your mind around that fact, and all the rest of it will start to make sense.
- I hope this helps you a little, dear Annie! Please ask a follow-up or two - I know how confusing and hard to believe this all is!
05-22-2011, 04:19 PM
You're right, really hard to get my mind around it lol, but thank you for your answers, it's definitely confusing. The more I read about this, the more questions I have, but now I'm starting to realize I won't really understand this until after life is over. It's hard for me to think of a follow up questions because I don't really know how to phrase it since it's so baffling to me. Especially what you said about those things never having happened...does that mean life is just an illusion?
05-22-2011, 05:04 PM
The only thing that is real is Mind, and each of our minds is part of Mind. Everything else is mind-created, which means that it is essentially illusory. Sorry to boggle you even more, dear friend ;-)!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.